Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest England Squad

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
No surprise theres no room for Dunk , just dont think Southgate rates him.

England squad
Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Strikers: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good to see Redmond in there. Has been brilliant at times this season.

Dunk a few players off it at the moment. Can't argue with that really

Some quality full backs in there

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One more top quality striker away from being a superb squad

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wouldn't have Stones, Delph or Lingard in that squad as they haven't played enough recently.

Wouldn't have Dier as he isn't good enough.

I think there are 3 or 4 better options at CB than Stones, Dunk being one of them, Would have Madison over Lingard, Foden over Delph and Mason Mount over Dier.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Trippier is another who has been poor this season, so I'd jettison him.

Along with Delph, Lingard, Dier and Barkley.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's not that Southgate doesn't rate him, it's just that there's a LOT of good English CB's. It's always been an area that we've been strong in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Dier will fall behind Declan Rice in the pecking order if he hasn't already. When Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi are both available he might miss out altogether.

Now Gomez is back I see Tarkowski's out of the squad.

Wan-Bissaka will soon displace Trippier too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There isn't a CB in that squad who is worse than Dunk. Southgate has given him a chance and he's on the radar. That's the best he can expect for now.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A lot of good CBs all quite similar standard. Dunk will have to show he's a step above to get a chance, not similar. Otherwise managers go with who they know.

We also have a lot of players for whom CB is a secondary position, including in that squad so it's going to be tough. I'd love to see him do it but will take time. This year he possibly slipped behind his clubmate Duffy let alone the other names. Harsh to say he deteriorated but perhaps he didn't improve by as much as some others this season. It's natural for progress to go up, level off, then go up again so let's hope it's just that pattern.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How does Maddison miss out when Ward-Prowse and Barkley get in.... weird

He would be a shoe in for me.

Ward-Prowse I like, he has some creativity and can clearly hit a decent free-kick. Barkley is a weird one; living off a reputation of being quality when he was at Everton, but in my mind hasn't progressed or done anything of note for a long time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Other than Sterling and Kane (Sancho maybe?), not one player in that selection is the top player for their club.

You think Sterling is Man City's top player?! I wouldn't even have him in the top 5. He's deadly from 6 yards, hence his 20odd goals this season but he's hardly a top player. Totally anonymous at the Amex, unlike the brilliant Silvas, and then you have to remember Aguero, De Bruyne, Laporte, Gundogan... The squad is ridiculous.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
You think Sterling is Man City's top player?! I wouldn't even have him in the top 5. He's deadly from 6 yards, hence his 20odd goals this season but he's hardly a top player. Totally anonymous at the Amex, unlike the brilliant Silvas, and then you have to remember Aguero, De Bruyne, Laporte, Gundogan... The squad is ridiculous.

Agree.

Rather depressingly I now think we’re not allowed to dislike Sterling because of the racism issues he has faced.

If Albion get called out for sacking a black manager, how long before booing a black player is deemed racist by rent a quote politicians and journos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How does Maddison miss out when Ward-Prowse and Barkley get in.... weird

He would be a shoe in for me.

I think jt’s Southgate’s 4-3-3 system.

He’s an attacking midfielder/No.10/Secondary Striker style player. I don’t see any room for one of those.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here