• Silverware

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst what Murray said was strictly correct in that we don't have to finish higher than 17th, I'm sure that finishing higher than 17th and with more points will be the realistic aim.

I think the finishing position is almost arbitrary to progress because leagues are different year on year.

I'd settle for say scoring for a min 45 goals and a GD of no worse than say -15. Winning a min of 10 games would also be a target. If that is still 17th, so be it, I'd still see that as progress.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Staying up would be the minimum, but without bettering 15th it would be hard to consider us to have made any real progress. What we want is progress so it's 15th or better for me.

That's as the target, it doesn't mean staying up with any lower position would be a complete failure, but we want, and should want, more than just "not to fail".

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It’ll be staying up.

We wont attract the biggest names as a new manager and we will have one of the smallest budgets.

Lets have realistic expectations and give the new manager time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Staying up would be the minimum, but without bettering 15th it would be hard to consider us to have made any real progress. What we want is progress so it's 15th or better for me.

That's as the target, it doesn't mean staying up with any lower position would be a complete failure, but we want, and should want, more than just "not to fail".

What if 17th happens to be 42 points next season, we've scored 50 goals, won 12 games - you wouldn't see that as progress just because it's not 15th?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simple, can we have the confident feeling we had in November throughout the season please

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If it was just about staying up, Bloom wouldn't of sacked Hughton, I think the moneyball strategy experiment has well and truly run its course and the signs are the boss wants significant improvement next season, what's the point of just hoping to survive, I'll go for a ludicrously ambitious top 10, and why not, nothing wrong with a bit of ambition, but it's going to cost and I suspect a couple of big signings in the summer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Regardless of the waffle being said it will always be 17th. Any higher is a bonus.

I disagree, I honestly think Bloom will, long term, expect us to be challenging in at least the top half of the table, but then what do I know.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
People take the players and managers comments to the press a bit to seriously IMO. What is actually said behind closed doors is probably a lot different. They are not politicians, so if someone says being 17th at the end of the season is ok, what they might mean is we hope to do a lot better, but certainly no worse than that.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Primary goal is exactly as Muzza says.

Secondary goal should be to stay up with X games to spare

Third goal should be to have fielded X number of players from the development squad.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pre match press conferences that don't pay homage to every team we play.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's about taking one step forward every season, as proved this season 2 steps back is not an option?

But reaching an FA Cup semi-final appears to count for something according to the media, i.e. "How can they sack Hughton when he kept them up AND got them to Wembley?"

You'd be forgiven for thinking Wembley appearance = 2 Prem league places.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Safe before April.

To be honest anything 17th and up is good enough... If... We put in a good performance and don't leave it until the last couple of games to be mathematically safe.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
But reaching an FA Cup semi-final appears to count for something according to the media, i.e. "How can they sack Hughton when he kept them up AND got them to Wembley?"

You'd be forgiven for thinking Wembley appearance = 2 Prem league places.

Fair play to Chris Hughton for getting us to the FA Cup semi? We certainly rode our luck getting there though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here