Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What changes would you like to see at the AMEX, when we return in August?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Return of bottle bars in the North Stand. Lyrics to GOSBTS disappeared. Railings for the post-match train queue that actually reflect the usual length of it.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Some good shouts here. Particularly better outdoor facilities and water fountains

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There really are some good and recurring suggestions here. Is it possible for this thread to be sent to the club / Barber ?

My additions ( extending a bit beyond just the Amex facilities ) would be -

1. When I watch the Albion on tv, having been at the game, it never seems to capture the home atmosphere. If anything it over emphasises the away fans. Could the microphones be moved to correct this ?
2. Could the train travel area be extended up to Gatwick ? It's only a couple more stations but would cover quite a large number of additional supporters travel.
3. Could the club website state definitively after each match date and time has been fixed and can no longer be changed.
4. Could Barber encourage the FA / Prem to ban drums from all grounds ? Bloody annoying and surely more dangerous than a bottle cap.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1) stop playing the music right up until the kickoff

2) audio in the concourses so you can hear the match commentary on the TV before the game

3) better supporters bar at the ground

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1) stop playing the music right up until the kickoff

2) audio in the concourses so you can hear the match commentary on the TV before the game

3) better supporters bar at the ground

(1) is silly, right up to the last micro second.

What does it achieve? It certainly doesn’t lead to the Albion taking the opposition apart from the get-go!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Toilets outside.

More food options, chips in the east lower please!

Seating outside around the bandstand area.

Covered stairs for the park and ride queue.

Water fountains.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Unrealistic - Steeper or bigger north stand.

Realistic - Toilets outside and a new PA system, from my seat in the NW corner I cannot understand anything that's ever said.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Naturally I don't mean manager, players, etc.

No this is the usual question about toilets, tables, seating, the concourses and the general infrastructure.

Just because we have a fantastic stadium it doesn't mean it can't be improved for us 'customers'.

Pre-game we've taken to sitting outside, with a coffee, by the memorial garden.
The fact that those 'pub garden' tables are always full leaving us sitting on the floor, would suggest the club could/should invest in a fair few more.

Crikey......I've probably sat next to you a few times....

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
In an ideal world the away fans would be in the East near the North. The 3 blocks in the lower tier and the 3 in the upper almost match the required allocation perfectly. We wouldn’t get any of that ‘You’re atmosphere is shit” stuff anymore as they would hear the North Stand loud and clear. Obviously this wouldn’t be done as the club would lose money, but you imagine that for a Palace game?! What an atmosphere!

Would love for the North to be extended. Looks like there is room for at least 7 rows at the back. It could probably add nearly 800 seats. The more voices, the better.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Entry to the ground via smart phone. Saves worrying about losing season tickets and badly printed paper tickets.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here