Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City referred to financial body for FFP

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292248

So, what's to happen to Citeh?

If found guilty, should they be thrown out of the European Cup?

Should they face a points deduction next year?

Should they be stripped of titles.

They have basically got to face to music if there is any. They have inflated deals so their rich owner can inject more cash into the club and buy success and high profile influence.

I feel for the fans, but I'm also aware that it's even less of a level playing field now they have bought such a squad a galaticos - and Pep wants to strengthen further.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps if we had been relegated by them on Sunday then we would be angrier.

Instead, there feels like a collective ‘Meh’ around this.

I think we should all be jolly cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Perhaps if we had been relegated by them on Sunday then we would be angrier.

Instead, there feels like a collective ‘Meh’ around this.

I think we should all be jolly cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS. Not like its news really.

We have all known for a long time that there are a number of clubs that are "creative" with their accountancy so as to meet FFP but still spend more than their peers.

We also know that the top6have/will do anything to ensure that the top6 remains a closed shop and no one else gets to crash the party (and certainly not regularly) and will therefore throw their collective weight behind anything that keeps the smaller clubs down.

Therefore, if they are found guilty, what's the chance anything will actually be done. not like its a revelation.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Experience suggests that it would be extremely ballsy for the governing body to apply any sort of sanction which would be appealed against. City have the resources of a state to fight legal battles, UEFA don't, so they will have to either back down or risk existential threat

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292248

So, what's to happen to Citeh?

If found guilty, should they be thrown out of the European Cup?

Should they face a points deduction next year?

Should they be stripped of titles.

They have basically got to face to music if there is any. They have inflated deals so their rich owner can inject more cash into the club and buy success and high profile influence.

I feel for the fans, but I'm also aware that it's even less of a level playing field now they have bought such a squad a galaticos - and Pep wants to strengthen further.

fined about 1.8 million docked 5 CHL points next season ...18 month suspended penalty...$$$$$$$

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
FFP breaches should always be dealt with by points deductions.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Said this in a topic the other day and it's still true:

At best they'll get a fine which will do everything to appease the bean counters and nothing to affect the viability of the Champions League as a product.

They categorically will not ban City from competition because, for the entire run, you'll have people questioning whether the teams progressing are doing so on merit or because they haven't been demolished by The Oil Barons. It'd bring the competition itself into question and they won't have it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Said this in a topic the other day and it's still true:

At best they'll get a fine which will do everything to appease the bean counters and nothing to affect the viability of the Champions League as a product.

They categorically will not ban City from competition because, for the entire run, you'll have people questioning whether the teams progressing are doing so on merit or because they haven't been demolished by The Oil Barons. It'd bring the competition itself into question and they won't have it.

Which is exactly having 1 body regulating AND promoting the sport isn't a good idea. They don't want to take regulatory action in case it damages the "brand" they are in charge of.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Why bother with FFP and if a team goes bust or into administration they get relegated at least 4 leagues instead . Man United didn't care about FFP till Man City came along and out spent then , same with the other teams moaning

The difference is that Man U have a sustainable business model. They are the closest run thing to a proper business we see in football.

The problem I see with FFP is that football clubs are not run under the same model as anything even remotely approaching a proper business. City are clearly falsifying their top line because of who owns them and even then player purchases and wages which lead to ultimate losses are underwritten by the bottomless pit of oil money which sustains them.

Any normal company which runs at operating loss wouldn’t last 5 minutes. So while I’m not a fan of City buying success it’s only what other clubs do, only to a smaller degree. If TB had pushed his directors loans into external debt, there’s no way we would have been able to service them.

Can’t see the point of any FFP rules to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here