Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Britons - worst for binge drinking/drunkenness

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we should go out and celebrate, there's not many things us Brit's are good at !

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Never have I been less shocked by anything ever.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd argue that Scandinavians on holiday in the Canaries, or just about anywhere else for that matter, beat us hands down. When alcohol costs as much as it does in their neck of the forest, it's pretty much like presenting them with a free bar.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd want to know who and how defined "drunk" and is it the same in all countries, and objectively measured?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'll raise a glass to that.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The government spending on raising awareness of the dangers of alcohol is less than 0.5% of how much companies spend advertising alcohol.
This is the only possible outcome.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I'd argue that Scandinavians on holiday in the Canaries, or just about anywhere else for that matter, beat us hands down. When alcohol costs as much as it does in their neck of the forest, it's pretty much like presenting them with a free bar.

This. There’s an awful lot of hypocrisy up here regarding the drinking habits of the British. I’ve been on holiday with English family and friends and I’ve been on holiday with Norwegian family and friends and alcohol has more often been an issue with the latter.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The article linked says Britons get sheeboed more often than any other nationality ie 51 times a year. I would think that Scandinavians limit their binges to their holidays?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The article linked says Britons get sheeboed more often than any other nationality ie 51 times a year. I would think that Scandinavians limit their binges to their holidays?

The scandies I know drink at nearly every possible occasion. Including traditional flavoured vodkas with brekkie at the weekend. They’re mental for the booze.

It’s the difference in how we behave when we’re staircased that makes the BIG difference.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The scandies I know drink at nearly every possible occasion. Including traditional flavoured vodkas with brekkie at the weekend. They’re mental for the booze.

It’s the difference in how we behave when we’re staircased that makes the BIG difference.
Yep. That's the truth. The British problem is how we handle being drunk, not how much we drink.

Pretty sure it goes right back to the stiff upper lip, don't show emotions, prim and proper times.

Getting trousered being the only release because, well, nobody gives a **** when they're off it. Instead of constantly worrying that we're offending someone, or not fitting in, or embarrassing ourselves, or someone else.

Bottle it up and then let it out....... really badly "the British way". [emoji23]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Adults are entitled to drink what and how much they want along with smoking and drugs. There won't be a happy ending though.

Just never ever include me in that embarassing survey please.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's the way we are educated

Wedding = bender
Funeral = bender
Fridays = bender
Saturdays = all dayer and nighter
Sundays = few beers .... turns into a bender
stag / hen = bender
wetting babies head = bender
birthdays = bender
holidays = bender
all social occasions over xmas = bender
football = bender
Champs league final = bender

and so on / repeat . . . . .

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

I'd say the Finns are tops .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here