wetting babies head = bender
birthdays = bender
holidays = bender
all social occasions over xmas = bender
football = bender
Champs league final = bender

and so on / repeat . . . . .

You forgot Eurovision Song Contest (quarter finals) = bender

And don't get me started on Charles Hawtrey.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Most Europeans can enjoy a good drink or seven and handle it without wanting to fight the world or behave like borish twats. Brits?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Most Europeans can enjoy a good drink or seven and handle it without wanting to fight the world or behave like borish twats. Brits?

To be fair, from experience working/living abroad, i really don't think it's too much different in other countries. Certainly not northern/eastern Europe anyway. Nor north/ south America and Australia. Big difference with us Brits is that we have a huge culture of traveling abroad and embarrassing ourselves. The type of people who in other countries wouldn't really travel abroad can and do so from Britain cos it's so cheap for any old Tom dick or Harry to travel abroad and so much a part of our culture for us to travel abroad for lads /girls holidays /stags/hens etc

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I do think we start hitting the sauce at quite an early age in the UK. I know in Italy which is the country I have visited the most youngsters still sit around of an evening in the local squares chatting and eating ice creams at 18 or so. You still see drunks of an evening in the main towns and cities but never like the scale we see over here in our town centres. Kids are much more likely to go for a pizza and just a single beer or glass of wine with their nosh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so can brits. just because some want to fight the world during/after a session doesnt mean the majority do. vast numbers of workers get sozzed on Friday evening (or lunch) after work, millions of middle age knock back a couple bottles of plonk at the weekend, without any ado. on the flip side anyone from any nationality can turn into plonker after a few.

not sure where the difference is with UK, or how real or perceived it is. one thing might be the "last orders" and pre-drinking, geting tanked up for the sake of it, though seen plenty of europeans doing the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here