Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump v Huawei

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Germany has. we apparently have to limited degree. France will probably use it to promote own homegrown networking kit. and so on, its not widely accepted (even in US).

What French network manufacturers are there?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What French network manufacturers are there?
Alcatel- Lucent. I've worked on their switches and routers.

With regard dual firewalls, where I currently work, we have Cisco outside and Juniper inside protecting card data environment, as well as non card data environments.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alcatel- Lucent. I've worked on their switches and routers.

With regard dual firewalls, where I currently work, we have Cisco outside and Juniper inside protecting card data environment, as well as non card data environments.

Nokia now though isn't yet? But yeah

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
2015 for $16bn !
According to wiki;

On 3 November 2016,*Nokia*completed the acquisition of the company and it was merged into their*Nokia Networks*division. Bell Labs was still maintained as an independent subsidiary of Nokia.[1][4]*The Alcatel-Lucent brand has been replaced by Nokia, but it still survives under*Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise(ALE), the enterprise division of Alcatel-Lucent that was sold to China Huaxin in 2014.

Mmm... China

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OBS (Orange Business Services). Which was formally France Telecom.

They don't make network equipment though do they. They are just the same as BT, Vodafone etc..

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
That's beside the point. It matters not that they are capable of providing a good service. What matters is whether the Chinese government choose to make them spy on everything.
:eek:
If Huawei were to deliberately send data elsewhere, through in-built back doors, how would a separate firewall help?

This , its not just trump, the other members of 5 eyes wont let Huawei in either, its lunacy to let them anywhere near anything that could breach national security.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here