Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds v Derby play off semi

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ten professional football teams in Yorkshire, one in the Premier League. :shrug:

Perhaps they should stick to cricket, or rugby league.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Screenshot_20190515-223730.jpg

Screenshot_20190515-223745.jpg

Screenshot_20190515-223803.jpg

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Be fair to them. No-one has managed to stay in the Championship as long as Leeds United have.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :) :)

and I don't even like Frank Lampard :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
fair result on the night … tough luck leeds

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it right that next season dirty Leeds United, will have spent as many years out of the top division as they have spent in it?

Big club, my arse!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Also, that game was a good example of how not to play in the top division.
They aren't yet in the top division. They pulled off a magnificent result tonight, they have to be given credit for that.

I don't mind Derby as a club, or Fat Frank. But them going up with him as manager would be a MASSIVE bonus for us.

I don't understand where the common perception that Frank is an average Manager comes from, people are too quick to judge. At least give him a chance before writing him off. Seems to me if he was a relative unknown from Germany called Franz Lampdorf he would be afforded a lot more respect. Instead he's 'Fat Frank' the cockney wide boy ???

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They aren't yet in the top division. They pulled off a magnificent result tonight, they have to be given credit for that.

I don't understand where the common perception that Frank is an average Manager comes from, people are too quick to judge. At least give him a chance before writing him off. Seems to me if he was a relative unknown from Germany called Franz Lampdorf he would be afforded a lot more respect. Instead he's 'Fat Frank' the cockney wide boy ???

... With an IQ of around 150, making him extremely intelligent.

I agree, I've got a feeling he'll have a great future ahead of him in management. I like him; really don't understand the negativity around him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Leeds :lol::lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well its early days. But it was mildly impressive how he swapped Holmes for Marriott before half time with Derby 2 down on aggregate, and was rewarded with 2 goals from him, one with practically his first touch to get them back into it. A bold move when he could've let it drift (there was still plenty of time) but he took action and was rewarded.

I've been wanting Lampard to do well. He could've taken the easy life in a Sky Sports studio, but he's gone out and taken on a tough job. I wouldn't be overly upset to see him here, if Villa turn them over in the Final.

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I agree, I've got a feeling he'll have a great future ahead of him in management. I like him; really don't understand the negativity around him.

He's got so many contacts in his little black book, plus an extended family with loads of contacts, plus close friends with loads of contacts. He'd be great at bringing in the loan players and gaining influence for signings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand where the common perception that Frank is an average Manager comes from, people are too quick to judge. At least give him a chance before writing him off.
There's no evidence at all that he's crap. I think some just felt with our experienced Chris here, we'd be able to finish above the inexperienced Frank. I mean, having a manager with no top level experience is not ideal is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here