Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds v Derby play off semi

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They aren't yet in the top division. They pulled off a magnificent result tonight, they have to be given credit for that.

I don't understand where the common perception that Frank is an average Manager comes from, people are too quick to judge. At least give him a chance before writing him off. Seems to me if he was a relative unknown from Germany called Franz Lampdorf he would be afforded a lot more respect. Instead he's 'Fat Frank' the cockney wide boy ???
I think you've missed my point. Lampard has done really well in his first job in management. Better than many ex players who stepped directly into a "big job" for sure.

But the idea that because he managed to get a Derby team (massively propped up by loan players from Chelsea) into the playoffs means that he's some sort of genius is erroneous.

I hope Derby get promoted.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
90BA3D30-2D78-4D7A-AB4D-B972C693A2A1.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
All four lower-finishing teams have gone through in the playoffs so far. Bit like when we finished third and were promptly knocked out before we'd even started the second leg

I think the issue is normally the team finishing 3rd is going all out for automatic promotion right to the last game and there probably a bit of disappointment and tiredness, were as some teams who are in the playoffs if they scraped in are excited, ones that have secured their place early may have rested some players.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If there’s one thing that unites the fans of all other 91 clubs, it does seem to be Leeds choking. Twitter is quite amusing tonight.

It's true. My son went on a school trip to Headingley (we've been loads but it was a school cricket thing).

As they left, the Sheffield school team included Brighton, Sheffield United, Rotherham, Wednesday, Derby, Bristol City, Bradford, Huddersfield and even Palace (really!).

They all sang "We all hate Leeds, we all hate Leeds..." On the way home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They aren't yet in the top division. They pulled off a magnificent result tonight, they have to be given credit for that.

I don't understand where the common perception that Frank is an average Manager comes from, people are too quick to judge. At least give him a chance before writing him off. Seems to me if he was a relative unknown from Germany called Franz Lampdorf he would be afforded a lot more respect. Instead he's 'Fat Frank' the cockney wide boy ???

Think you have been whooshed. Stick, end of, wrong, you have.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's got so many contacts in his little black book, plus an extended family with loads of contacts, plus close friends with loads of contacts. He'd be great at bringing in the loan players and gaining influence for signings.
Provided his uncle doesn't get involved......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reporter: "Some of the stick from fans has come your way, they've come up with that song, I don't know if you've seen it or heard it. Do things like that bother you ?"

FF: "Nah course not, its all good fun. Being a Chelsea player there was a rivalry always with Leeds. Didn't play them much though, cos we were in the Premier League"

:clap2:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ten professional football teams in Yorkshire, one in the Premier League. :shrug:

Perhaps they should stick to cricket, or rugby league.

Leeds can bloody well sod off; they're not even the champions of ****ing Yorkshire.

That is why the other teams in Yorkshire hate them so much. For years the Leeds fans sang One team in Yorkshire, so now the rest give them as much stick as possible.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think you've missed my point. Lampard has done really well in his first job in management. Better than many ex players who stepped directly into a "big job" for sure.

But the idea that because he managed to get a Derby team (massively propped up by loan players from Chelsea) into the playoffs means that he's some sort of genius is erroneous.

I hope Derby get promoted.

While It's not always clear from the 'outside' the impact a manager has (you know that yourselves from the reaction to Hughton's sacking), Lampard has made such a difference to the way we play, to the vibe around the club. He's not afraid to play youngsters, Jayden Bogle has played 40 games and isn't 19 until July, there was an 18 year old on the bench last night who's never been in the squad before. I agree with you that getting us to the play offs doesn't mark him out as a genius but to do it playing the way we do and bringing such positivity is worth credit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While It's not always clear from the 'outside' the impact a manager has (you know that yourselves from the reaction to Hughton's sacking), Lampard has made such a difference to the way we play, to the vibe around the club. He's not afraid to play youngsters, Jayden Bogle has played 40 games and isn't 19 until July, there was an 18 year old on the bench last night who's never been in the squad before. I agree with you that getting us to the play offs doesn't mark him out as a genius but to do it playing the way we do and bringing such positivity is worth credit.

I really enjoyed what I saw of the game. Both defences would get decimated in the Premier League if they play like that. Hoping that you are the team that make it this year, so many years of hurt...hopefully it ends this season

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yep. Which is basically what I said. He's done a great job. But I'm happy for you to keep him.

Best of luck in the final. Don't like Villa and hate John Terry. ��

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here