Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No, what I stated was, that as of 2300hrs on the 29th March 2019 We are no longer legally citizens of the European Union.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But you have stated lots of things that have since proven to be complete and utter bollocks - lucky nobody believes anything you post :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not me, as I have already stated in the Brexit thread, I don't want a 'no Deal' Brexit, but I do want Brexit. I expected the Government could achieve that and not that remainers would still be squealing like pigs nearly 3 years on.

But each time that poor Theresa May puts a deal in front of Parliament, those nasty Brexit supporters vote it down :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
So give some positives regarding a potential no deal Brexit. Put our minds at rest. Talk us though it, so we don't believe leavers are a bit dim.
We take back control we make our own trade deals, if the EU want to impose tarrifs we play them at their own game there's a big wide world out there not a members only club that we have to pay into
regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
We take back control we make our own trade deals, if the EU want to impose tarrifs we play them at their own game there's a big wide world out there not a members only club that we have to pay into
regards
DR

The 'club' is the largest trading bloc on earth. Trade deals dont happen overnight. The pound is weak. The big wide world is mostly poor. Good luck.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ok Einstien what have you proved correct about Brexit .......

nothing:wave:
Regards
DR

Well, there was this a few years ago

I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with No borders and Customs Union

2/ No agreement and WTO and Hard Border

3/ Withdraw article 50

mli84e68qbp21.jpg

:facepalm:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Truth hurts doesnt it.

As I'm a very polite person,I will reply to your comment about not trading with WTO countries on this thread,having been removed from the Brexit thread.

daveindenial.png

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Never mind what it will be 'viewed as', why can't you just go ahead and vote based on a wider range of issues?

That would be by FAR the most logical and sensible option imo.

- It terms of Brexit it seems unlikely that the outcome of this vote is going to make any substantial difference to what happens
- Tactical voting is not very relevent in the European elections, so don't bother with that malarky
- There is every chance the people we vote for will be sitting in Parliament for a while. And possibly for a full term, so it matters what the wider agenda is of those you vote for.
- They will have little impact on brexit, but the opportunity to have an impact in other areas, way more important than brexit

MEPs sit in parliament as part of wider groups. In my experience the most effective and progressive groups in the parliament are the Greens and the S and D (which Labour are part of). Voting for MEPs to be part of these groups means supporting the development of pan-european cooperation on tackling the climate emergency, dealing with tax dodging, supporting a compassionate agenda on immigration and pushing the case for the European 'social model' globally.

If there is anyone left considering a vote for a conservative, I'd urge you to look at the group they sit in, and the company they have thus chosen to keep. It's not pretty.

The advocates of a no-deal Brexit will be doing all they can to spin this result as an endorsement of their particular form of Brexit. This could be on the basis of numbers of votes cast or MEP seats. Their interpretation will be regurgitated unquestioningly by a large portion of the press (including the gutless BBC). They will interpret any vote for Tories or Labour as at least numerically meaningless and I suspect the likes of Francois in his fetid alternative universe will claim that they are an endorsement of their extreme position. The only way to register a vote that they cannot spin is to vote for an unambiguously anti Brexit party. Having said that I would probably not vote for a party which supported other policies to which I was fundamentally opposed but that is not an issue for me with the Greens as I support a large proportion of what they stand for.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
As I'm a very polite person,I will reply to your comment about not trading with WTO countries on this thread,having been removed from the Brexit thread.

View attachment 109808

Yes, exactly what I said. The EU has trade deals with the WTO countries, not the UK on its own. The UK is a member of the EU. When we leave the EU, then we can negotiate trade deals with WTO countries. Thanks for making it clearer.
You seem to go out of your way to make yourself look ridiculous. Respect is due.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes, exactly what I said. The EU has trade deals with the WTO countries, not the UK on its own. The UK is a member of the EU. When we leave the EU, then we can negotiate trade deals with WTO countries. Thanks for making it clearer.
You seem to go out of your way to make yourself look ridiculous. Respect is due.

I'm afraid you jumped into a conversation without understanding the ramifications of the GFA and trading with the WTO.Thanks for your response.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'm afraid you jumped into a conversation without understanding the ramifications of the GFA and trading with the WTO.Thanks for your response.
Good luck with ANY trading if there is no deal. Thanks for re-enforcing my earlier thought.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There is so much ignorance from leavers on WTO

They think if we crash out, we will immediately have the same arrangements with these 3rd countries as we currently have through the EU

It just doesn't work like that. A lot of people are going to be in for a very nasty surprise.

Who will they blame?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My vote as it was before..Brexit....rest assured the EU will still want to deal with us and we will not be subsidising the poorer EU countries.
Surely it can`t be long before the Germans work out how much better off they`d be without having to sub Italy,Greece and Spain.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There is so much ignorance from leavers on WTO

They think if we crash out, we will immediately have the same arrangements with these 3rd countries as we currently have through the EU

It just doesn't work like that. A lot of people are going to be in for a very nasty surprise.

Who will they blame?

We realise that is why we have a Minister re-negotiating what trade deals he is currently allowed to,but don't let a good lie get in the way of the truth,eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here