Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Nice try.

If people like you can't see why ''we didn't like that referendum result, so let's do another one until the stupid, less educated elements of the great unwashed public do what we want them to'' is undemocratic (and worse) then nothing I say will change your thought process. But turning your question back to you:

How on earth do you think a second referendum, dressed up as a ''People's Vote'' this time (LOL, what was the last one...) is ''democratic''?

I've not head a good argument yet.

I think I will vote Lib Dem as Vince Cable speaks so much sense about stopping Brexit...

...Joking!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When are they going to put up the sayings of Comrade Corbin,or Clegg,or Cable,or Bliar,or the foul utterances of Geldof?

Given two of those are politicians whose parties have produced a manifesto and the other three are not standing for election or campaigning on behalf of parties standing in the election then I would imagine they don't need to?

If Farage wants it to stop he should release a manifesto. Why doesn't he? What's he hiding?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Furthermore, the public were lied and misled by both campaigns in the 2016 referendum. Vote Leave also broke the law. In order for a working democracy, the public must be reliably informed with facts to make their decision. Surely this suggests the 2016 referendum was undemocratic.

It is also worth remembering on the illegality front that recently a referendum campaign in Switzerland was found to have broken the rules, and the entire result was annulled as a result.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If people like you can't see why ''we didn't like that referendum result, so let's do another one until the stupid, less educated elements of the great unwashed public do what we want them to'' is undemocratic (and worse) then nothing I say will change your thought process. But turning your question back to you:

How on earth do you think a second referendum, dressed up as a ''People's Vote'' this time (LOL, what was the last one...) is ''democratic''?

From my previous post a few days ago...

It's common to hear Brexiters these days who oppose a further referendum on leaving the EU say that a new referendum must not take place because to do so would "endanger democracy".

I don't think that this arrant, scaremongering nonsense is called out nearly enough. It is absolute bollocks. Fantastical, panic-spreading guff. The UK is not going to turn into North Korea overnight if there is a further EU referendum. A referendum IS democracy. How on earth can democracy be endangered BY democracy? Everybody still gets a say (if the franchise is not so shamefully gerrymandered the way that it was in 2016 - that really was an affront to democracy).

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Your point being? You haven't answered the specific question.

The 'powers that be' cannot run the referendum again because they didn't like how the Country voted. How on earth do remainers defend that?

Clue - your words don't. Calling an opinion out as ''bollocks'' is hardly defending your position.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It’s a dead rubber for me. Living in Leigh on Sea means that the Brexit Gang are going to walk it.

I voted for Brexit but I’m not a massive fan of Farage.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Your point being? You haven't answered the specific question.

The 'powers that be' cannot run the referendum again because they didn't like how the Country voted. How on earth do remainers defend that?

Clue - your words don't. Calling an opinion out as ''bollocks'' is hardly defending your position.

Nobody is saying it should be run again "because we don't like the result". There are two reasons stated as to why it should be run again;

1. The public last time were not presented with the full facts. This was a deliberate ploy by the leave side (just as Dominic Cummings, who ran the campaign, and has said as such), and had a specific type of Brexit been the basis of the campaign this would not be a relevant reason. However I know people who voted Leave expecting Norway and some who expected something closer to what No Deal looks like. How on Earth can you claim both of those knew what they were voting for even though they ticked the same box?

2. One side broke electoral law. In an election, or even if the referendum was deemed a binding one under UK law, the Electoral Commission would already have annulled the result and called for a new vote.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1129369102743744513[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1129369812424110080[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1129372218507571202[/TWEET]

Jan 30, 2008
One thing I suspect is likely is that Farrage will be elected, and will make lots of money out of this. Again.

I have yet to meet a single supporter of the frog-faced fraud who isn't either racist or deluded (thick or embittered).

At one point I could have been persuaded that leaving the EU might be the right step for the UK. But the tide of lies, some of them evil, the complete lack of any reasonable position, and the ready resorting to calling people like me 'Islam lover' and 'traitor' soon nipped that in the bud.

We may yet leave the EU, and it may yet turn out OK, but the trail of cockwombles that have blown this craft into the choppy waters have only my pity (the thick ones) and contempt (the nasty ones).
typical lefty sore loser H ........ oh well
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Nobody is saying it should be run again "because we don't like the result". There are two reasons stated as to why it should be run again;

1. The public last time were not presented with the full facts. This was a deliberate ploy by the leave side (just as Dominic Cummings, who ran the campaign, and has said as such), and had a specific type of Brexit been the basis of the campaign this would not be a relevant reason. However I know people who voted Leave expecting Norway and some who expected something closer to what No Deal looks like. How on Earth can you claim both of those knew what they were voting for even though they ticked the same box?

2. One side broke electoral law. In an election, or even if the referendum was deemed a binding one under UK law, the Electoral Commission would already have annulled the result and called for a new vote.
ABSOLUTE TOSH, JUST A COVER UP FOR "WE DIDN'T LIKE THE RESULT"
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Given two of those are politicians whose parties have produced a manifesto and the other three are not standing for election or campaigning on behalf of parties standing in the election then I would imagine they don't need to?

If Farage wants it to stop he should release a manifesto. Why doesn't he? What's he hiding?

Your crew are always saying we should forgive and forget,but only if it's your side's utterances.Pure hypocrisy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's a bit harsh; not everyone voting Brexit is racist, most just don't read and are therefore badly informed and delusional.

Just your opinion,but what are you worth?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Can any Brexit supporter please explain why another referendum/public vote would be undemocratic? Or why abandoning Brexit would be undemocratic? I've not head a good argument yet.

For starters, the referendum in 2016 was the second referendum after there was one in 1975. Therefore if a second referendum would be betraying democracy, hasn't democracy been betrayed already?

Furthermore, the public were lied and misled by both campaigns in the 2016 referendum. Vote Leave also broke the law. In order for a working democracy, the public must be reliably informed with facts to make their decision. Surely this suggests the 2016 referendum was undemocratic.

Has struck odd to me that both sides pointed out that untruths were told during the referndum campain but it's only Vote leave who have been found to have broken any laws and its vote leave that is still under ongoing investigations and for the most part it's vote leave who do not want the democratic will to be tested to ensure that any deal that passes the EU and the U.K. Parliaments is actually acceptable to the public and its only vote leave that was so keen to emphasise the need to take back control, when will the public wake up and see they have been hoodwinked into a disastrous discussion to leave

Jan 30, 2008
Has struck odd to me that both sides pointed out that untruths were told during the referndum campain but it's only Vote leave who have been found to have broken any laws and its vote leave that is still under ongoing investigations and for the most part it's vote leave who do not want the democratic will to be tested to ensure that any deal that passes the EU and the U.K. Parliaments is actually acceptable to the public and its only vote leave that was so keen to emphasise the need to take back control, when will the public wake up and see they have been hoodwinked into a disastrous discussion to leave
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...374.html/RK=2/RS=b_CGxhwQ81maPxAiZ.nhNLNmo48- i think you're the one that needs" to wake up "
regards
DR

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I struggle to understand why Fararge and his two bit party gets so much air time he was elected a UKIP MEP but has had the worst attendance record of any MEP he has taken the money but not represent the people who he was elected to represent, he is a one issue clown that can say what lies he likes as he has none of the baggage the other more established parties have, he new party has no manifesto again no other party has that luxury, the Brexit Party as such is happy to stand on the one issue and treat the election as a referendum while none of the other parties can!

Jan 30, 2008
I struggle to understand why Fararge and his two bit party gets so much air time he was elected a UKIP MEP but has had the worst attendance record of any MEP he has taken the money but not represent the people who he was elected to represent, he is a one issue clown that can say what lies he likes as he has none of the baggage the other more established parties have, he new party has no manifesto again no other party has that luxury, the Brexit Party as such is happy to stand on the one issue and treat the election as a referendum while none of the other parties can!
https://www.facebook.com/nigelfarageofficial/videos/863833513963403/?video_source=permalink
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here