Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am not denying that Fararge and his flat earth mates will win big, it just amazes me how this crook gets away with it and how gullible the public has been

Perhaps other people can see through all the dreadful lies told about Sir Nigel.

Jan 30, 2008
I am not denying that Fararge and his flat earth mates will win big, it just amazes me how this crook gets away with it and how gullible the public has been
no one's been gullible, believe it or not there's millions with the same opinions as him as will be proven at the EU elections , just a heads up :wink:
regards
DR

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
no one's been gullible, believe it or not there's millions with the same opinions as him as will be proven at the EU elections , just a heads up :wink:
regards
DR

Now that's not strictly true I am aware of individuals who voted leave as a protest vote a midterm protest vote and they have said to me they never expected the referndum to turn out the way it did, I know others admittedly in there late sixties and older who can remember a time before and can see no good in this modern world who again voted leave with the thought of turning the clock back and I know a few who are out and out racists who see anyone who comes into the country as somone either taking their jobs or benifit cheats and I am sure although I have not meet any who voted leave as they thought we would be better off as a country, one thing is sure is that racists, nostalgic seekers and the duped voted leave

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can any Brexit supporter please explain why another referendum/public vote would be undemocratic? Or why abandoning Brexit would be undemocratic? I've not head a good argument yet.

For starters, the referendum in 2016 was the second referendum after there was one in 1975. Therefore if a second referendum would be betraying democracy, hasn't democracy been betrayed already?

Furthermore, the public were lied and misled by both campaigns in the 2016 referendum. Vote Leave also broke the law. In order for a working democracy, the public must be reliably informed with facts to make their decision. Surely this suggests the 2016 referendum was undemocratic.
No objection to a third referendum. For the sake of fairness and democracy it should be in about 40 years time, to ask whether we should try to rejoin (if there's anything to rejoin by then). Of course, those who think they should get their own way anyway will never agree to such even-handedness, will you ...... sorry, they .......

So for the sake of democracy you're voting for somebody pushing for something the winning campaign in the referendum specifically said would not happen?

Forgive me, just trying to get my head around this...
If you're not able to get your head round it, you're probably a remainer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that's not strictly true I am aware of individuals who voted leave as a protest vote a midterm protest vote and they have said to me they never expected the referndum to turn out the way it did, I know others admittedly in there late sixties and older who can remember a time before and can see no good in this modern world who again voted leave with the thought of turning the clock back and I know a few who are out and out racists who see anyone who comes into the country as somone either taking their jobs or benifit cheats and I am sure although I have not meet any who voted leave as they thought we would be better off as a country, one thing is sure is that racists, nostalgic seekers and the duped voted leave
Jesus wept! What a load of old stereotyping and bigoted flubber. Even most of your fellow remainers have long since realised that shouting that all leavers are thick old racists makes them look pretty stupid and have moved on. Still, I suppose Potty-mouth Geldof is still a hero to a few.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s a dead rubber for me. Living in Leigh on Sea means that the Brexit Gang are going to walk it.

I voted for Brexit but I’m not a massive fan of Farage.

I don't know the exact figures, but Leigh on Sea will only be a tiny part of an EU constituency (I think East of England) and the fact that the voting system is proportional means that your vote is likely to have more effect than any Parliamentary or Council elections.

Whatever it is you want, go and vote for it.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Your point being? You haven't answered the specific question.

The 'powers that be' cannot run the referendum again because they didn't like how the Country voted. How on earth do remainers defend that?

Clue - your words don't. Calling an opinion out as ''bollocks'' is hardly defending your position.

I'll answer and I'm not even a strong remainer

Genuinely, how many of those that voted leave do you think would have done so if the question was 'remain' vs 'leave with no deal'?
ALL the campaigning for leave was based on an assumption there would be a deal of some kind. ALL of it.

So while I think there are valid arguments for leave (I am all in for a Norway style deal myself), few of those still stand now that it is clear we can't get a deal that would be acceptable to parliament or the majority of the Uk public. There is no WAY 'no deal' would win a public vote. It didn't before and it won't now.

So how the country voted previously is not relevant because it was a vote on an entirely different question - on an option that no longer exists.

(also Farage is a very obviously a greedy, publicity hungry, spivvy, racist tit who should not be allowed out on his own let alone put in charge of anything)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
EU Elections. Where is your X ?
XXXX_Gold_250x320.png

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
No objection to a third referendum. For the sake of fairness and democracy it should be in about 40 years time, to ask whether we should try to rejoin (if there's anything to rejoin by then). Of course, those who think they should get their own way anyway will never agree to such even-handedness, will you ...... sorry, they .......

You conveniently didn't comment on the second part of my post, I can only assume you agree? For the sake of fairness and democracy why should a referendum result be implemented when all voters were lied to and mislead, not to mention one campaign breaking the law?

Jan 30, 2008
oh please , nothing to do with taking back control from the EU then ?
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I'll answer and I'm not even a strong remainer

Genuinely, how many of those that voted leave do you think would have done so if the question was 'remain' vs 'leave with no deal'?
ALL the campaigning for leave was based on an assumption there would be a deal of some kind. ALL of it.

So while I think there are valid arguments for leave (I am all in for a Norway style deal myself), few of those still stand now that it is clear we can't get a deal that would be acceptable to parliament or the majority of the Uk public. There is no WAY 'no deal' would win a public vote. It didn't before and it won't now.

So how the country voted previously is not relevant because it was a vote on an entirely different question - on an option that no longer exists.

(also Farage is a very obviously a greedy, publicity hungry, spivvy, racist tit who should not be allowed out on his own let alone put in charge of anything)
no one voted for a deal........... LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting to see what the turnout for these election is, certainly more interest than ever before.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't know the exact figures, but Leigh on Sea will only be a tiny part of an EU constituency (I think East of England) and the fact that the voting system is proportional means that your vote is likely to have more effect than any Parliamentary or Council elections.

Whatever it is you want, go and vote for it.
who are you voting for ?
regards
DR

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
no one voted for a deal........... LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

You argue with careful nuance, impeccable logic and well researched facts.

You are nonetheless completely wrong. The vast majority of those that voted leave thought they were voting for a deal of some kind.

Obviously.

LEAVE MEANS NORWAY + OR POSSIBLY SOME FORM OF TIME LIMITED CUSTOM UNION MAYBE AND IN ALL CASES WITH A BACKSTOP PROVISION TO PROTECT THE GOOD FIDAY AGREEMENT

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Did they? How do you know?

Yeah, youre right. They were probably swayed by 'easiest deal in history' along with 'they need us more than we need them'. you know the sort of thing. I think its technical term is absolute bollocks.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
They didn't, of course - but surely you know remainers know everything, and have the ability to read minds over the internet?

The complete opposite to what you are saying is evident even on NSC. Stop telling lies. I realise its the Leavers way, but please. Dont embarrass yourself.
The pound has dropped due to the markets being concerned about the conservative/labour talks breaking down and leaving the possibililty of a no deal. Is this what Brexiteers really want? Unfavourable trading deals compared to what is already in place, and to cap it all, with a weak currency. Outstanding tactics.
Are there any Brexiteers on NSC brave enough to point out positive scenario's to a no deal Brexit?

Last edited:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
The complete opposite to what you are saying is evident even on NSC. Stop telling lies. I realise its the Leavers way, but please. Dont embarrass yourself.
The pound has dropped due to the markets being concerned about the conservative/labour talks breaking down and leaving the possibililty of a no deal. Is this what Brexiteers really want? Unfavourable trading deals compared to what is already in place, and to cap it all, with a weak currency. Outstanding tactics.
Are there any Brexiteers on NSC brave enough to point out positive scenario's to a no deal Brexit?

End of deadlock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here