Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sarisbury Green, Southampton
    Posts
    4,394

    Albion - The Big Picture


    1 Not allowed!
    Bloom is an absolute hero and he deserves far more respect than he’s getting from some quarters at the moment. I have every faith in his vision for the club, he’s hugely intelligent and very rarely gets anything wrong - for me he’s made 100% the correct decision again this time.

    Exciting times ahead.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62

      1 Not allowed!
      The OP echos (in much more detail) the conclusion I came to the other day. TB isn't thinking about the upcoming transfer window or next season, it's another of his 'five-year-plans'. CH didn't fit the mould of the type of manager he wanted to run the show so got rid – I still maintain it was a decision he had made MONTHS ago and probably based on a number of factors beyond playing style (personality, age, willingness to bring youth through, etc, etc).

      I've not got so much of a problem with what he has done (and I don't get sucked in by all the pundits and journalists feeling sorry for him and slagging off the club), but I DO think it was a pretty poor way to go about it. No, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but there surely would've been a better way to handle it, including all the pre-match stuff from Barbs about this season, next season and the new 'phase' for the club, etc. CH is a top fella and he deserved a bit more respect for the bloody good job he did at the Albion. IMO, like...

      But yeah – onwards and (hopefully) upwards...
    • #63

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You say that, but what has Tony Bloom done for us? Really - what has he?
      The aquaduct?
      Football. F**king football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half-alive B*stards. - Danny Baker
    • #64
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,296


      0 Not allowed!


      Dream on! We're never going to win the Champions League, at least not in my lifetime (I'm 60). However, if I can keep myself fit and healthy, there's the possibility of the Europa League. After all, if Fulham can reach the final then we can win it. Because we're a bigger club than Fulham, right?
      Last edited by Nottseagull; 15-05-2019 at 22:16.
    • #65
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      19,403


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SweatyMexican View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The aquaduct?
      And the sanitation?
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
    • #66
      Hedging up neilbard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Tyringham
      Posts
      4,154


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A load of idiots just think he’s made a massive mistake. The we just want to survive crowd must know eventually you go down playing that game. Thank god TB is progressively moving on.
      To be fair I think it was Bloom himself who said we just need to survive in the Premier League for a few seasons that is our objective..
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
    • #67
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Sittingbourne, Kent
      Posts
      3,573


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And the sanitation?
      Central heating...?
    • #68

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


      Dream on! We're never going to win the Champions League, at least not in my lifetime (I'm 60). However, if I can keep myself fit and healthy, there's the possibility of the Europa League. After all, if Fulham can reach the final then we can win it. Because we're a bigger club than Fulham, right?
      Yes we are
    • #69
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      29,661


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by neilbard View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To be fair I think it was Bloom himself who said we just need to survive in the Premier League for a few seasons that is our objective..
      Correct and this ‘crowd’ the poster refers to I think only saw that as the initial target ...I know I did
    • #70
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,296


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      10) All the things that I've forgotten or missed by being an exile . . .
      No excuse for that if you have access to the World Wide Web
      Last edited by Nottseagull; 15-05-2019 at 23:00.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •