Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion - The Big Picture

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bloom is an absolute hero and he deserves far more respect than he’s getting from some quarters at the moment. I have every faith in his vision for the club, he’s hugely intelligent and very rarely gets anything wrong - for me he’s made 100% the correct decision again this time.

Exciting times ahead.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The OP echos (in much more detail) the conclusion I came to the other day. TB isn't thinking about the upcoming transfer window or next season, it's another of his 'five-year-plans'. CH didn't fit the mould of the type of manager he wanted to run the show so got rid – I still maintain it was a decision he had made MONTHS ago and probably based on a number of factors beyond playing style (personality, age, willingness to bring youth through, etc, etc).

I've not got so much of a problem with what he has done (and I don't get sucked in by all the pundits and journalists feeling sorry for him and slagging off the club), but I DO think it was a pretty poor way to go about it. No, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but there surely would've been a better way to handle it, including all the pre-match stuff from Barbs about this season, next season and the new 'phase' for the club, etc. CH is a top fella and he deserved a bit more respect for the bloody good job he did at the Albion. IMO, like...

But yeah – onwards and (hopefully) upwards...

Untitled-4_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg

Dream on! We're never going to win the Champions League, at least not in my lifetime (I'm 60). However, if I can keep myself fit and healthy, there's the possibility of the Europa League. After all, if Fulham can reach the final then we can win it. Because we're a bigger club than Fulham, right?

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A load of idiots just think he’s made a massive mistake. The we just want to survive crowd must know eventually you go down playing that game. Thank god TB is progressively moving on.

To be fair I think it was Bloom himself who said we just need to survive in the Premier League for a few seasons that is our objective..:shrug:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Untitled-4_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg

Dream on! We're never going to win the Champions League, at least not in my lifetime (I'm 60). However, if I can keep myself fit and healthy, there's the possibility of the Europa League. After all, if Fulham can reach the final then we can win it. Because we're a bigger club than Fulham, right?

Yes we are

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I still think its amazing we are buying development players for million of pounds.

I am a big Chris Hughton fan and am angry the way Tony has dispatched him, however as you say it makes following the Albion some ride.

I feel he has flung us from safe and stable to risky and gamble, lets see who he signs this summer as well.

He is a gambler, but he is a PROFESSIONAL gambler. They minimise the risk .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here