Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion - The Big Picture

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The most important thing is financial stability.

At lot of clubs had moments where everything looked rosy and promising and things did change

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just seen a FB thread ‘TB should step down’

This is the sort of sh1t why do not read anything about football on Facebook or Twitter it full of duckwitts. At least on NSC you may not agree with everyone but the majority know their stuff when it comes to the Albion, and if they don’t when they join they soon will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is the sort of sh1t why do not read anything about football on Facebook or Twitter it full of duckwitts. At least on NSC you may not agree with everyone but the majority know their stuff when it comes to the Albion, and if they don’t when they join they soon will.

Calling [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] [emoji23]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's one of our own! ..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As Bozza rightly pointed out on his thread, no one will ever know for sure what would have happened next season if CH had been kept on. What is clear though is the following:

1. A large section of the sporting media are lazy, ignorant chancers who know so little about us (or most clubs outside the top 6-8 clubs) that they might as well not bother giving us any copy for what it's worth
2. TB's ambition is huge and everything he does for the club is with it's best interests at heart, playing the long game and doing it with class and dignity, albeit with a ruthless streak when needed
3. Some fans of other clubs get it, many don't......who cares?
4. Some of our own fans preferred it when we were a bit shit but they had more influence / a higher profile / a cosier relationship with the Chairman / Board
5. Some of our own fans also have such a problem with modern football, the PL and all that goes with it that you wonder why they bother still going (due respect to those who have actually voted with their feet and now stand on the terraces at Lewes, Whitehawk, Worthing etc instead), and see everything that TB, PB etc do from a very cynical worldview

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
All this is all well and good.

However if the first team is kicking balls around in the championship or the lower end of the Premier league every year then all of the investment into the periphery of the club and failing to substantially invest in the first team is pointless.

The first team and its successes are paramount to the success of the rest of the club.

I’d also question the financial profitability of the women’s team - even if they become an established WSL team.

I’m genuinely worried that with the noises coming from the club that they are focusing on young, cheap English talent coming through just as they tried during the failed Hyypia experiment and whilst it sounds like a good idea it just simply doesn’t work without investing in to a balance between youth and experienced pros.

Bloom seems to know what he’s doing and I trust him with our club, but he and Barber are still prone to some real clangers at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
1) The fantastic stadium
2) Getting the team into the Premier League
3) The top quality training facilities
4) The first class Academy
5) Albion in the Community
6) Stealing England's technical director
7) The housing/IKEA development
8) Having a top flight women's team managed by the former England manager
9) Having an under 23 squad that finished 3rd in Premier League 2
10) All the things that I've forgotten or missed by being an exile . . .

Fully on board with all you have said. Did I miss something? What has TB got to do with IKEA & Housing?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I still think its amazing we are buying development players for million of pounds.

I am a big Chris Hughton fan and am angry the way Tony has dispatched him, however as you say it makes following the Albion some ride.

I feel he has flung us from safe and stable to risky and gamble, lets see who he signs this summer as well.

How else should he have done it? The transfer window opens in tomorrow so should we have waiting a couple of weeks. Or do you think he should have been given the sack after Cardiff. What difference would it have made, the sack is the sack.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Provoked by a comment by an ignorant oik on the Guardian website the other day (and a few comments on here), I'm wondering if enough people are seeing the big picture at the Albion.

Tony Bloom has embarked on an immense project with the Albion. It isn't just a small club thinking it's bigger than it is. He's doing something MASSIVE at our club.

You can't understand what he's doing unless you look at the big picture.

You have to factor in all these things:

1) The fantastic stadium
2) Getting the team into the Premier League
3) The top quality training facilities
4) The first class Academy
5) Albion in the Community
6) Stealing England's technical director
7) The housing/IKEA development
8) Having a top flight women's team managed by the former England manager
9) Having an under 23 squad that finished 3rd in Premier League 2
10) All the things that I've forgotten or missed by being an exile . . .

Overall this really is a massive undertaking and an overwhelming declaration of intent that I think too many of our fans don't even appreciate. Tony is taking us higher and higher, no doubt about it. He's not in it just to survive in the Premier League for as long as we can, he wants more. And knowing him, he'll get it, even if we hit a few bumps along the way.

The Albion have always been the most 'interesting' team to follow as we rarely have boring seasons - but it is going to get even more interesting in the years to come.

Totally agree with all of this :thumbsup:
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face.
The fans know our club, end of.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How else should he have done it? The transfer window opens in tomorrow so should we have waiting a couple of weeks. Or do you think he should have been given the sack after Cardiff. What difference would it have made, the sack is the sack.

I would have like Mutual Consent and more recognition for our greatest manager. Yes your right its brutal (and expensive - not my money).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tony Bloom has embarked on an immense project with the Albion. It isn't just a small club thinking it's bigger than it is. He's doing something MASSIVE at our club.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here