Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Were Loose" POLL

Were Loose. Keep? Or get rid?

• Keep it. It's an important part of our history. Without it were loose!

Votes: 161 53.1%
  • Get rid. It's been done to death and is now boring, time to move on!

Votes: 142 46.9%

• Total voters

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Still don't get what it's about and am of the opinion that only a few insiders understand it. So get rid.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Season predictions winner gets the prize of putting 3 words of their choice there for the following season??

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't care one way or the other, but I voted to keep it because this is a referendum and open to anyone no matter what they think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Intentionally or not, it is kinda taking the piss out of someone with learning difficulties so I'm not massively keen myself.

Quite like #teamslikebrighton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly, it was never meant as a pisstake of anyone. I might be a **** sometimes (ok, quite often), but I'm not that much of a ****.

I'm happy to change it though and there has been some good suggestions made.

As this is all starting to feel a bit like admin, can someone else:

a) Wait until there are a few more options
b) Start a poll of those options, giving it a week

I'll then arrange for it to be changed. I think it was [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] who created the original, so I imagine he'll remind me I owe him beers again before he takes on the task.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Multiple choices in the poll please. I can’t decide and would vote for three of the suggestions so far.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We could try to come up with something meaningful too, it doesn't have to be an "in joke", it could also be something which simply captures our collective sentiments without being cheesy. (I'm not opposed to a humorous one, I just don't think it's the only option).

For example, I think "Stand or Fall" would be worth considering, "From Hereford to Here" also good, or something like that. Not cheesy like "#Together" etc, but not a self depricating piss take either.

I enjoy some of the jokey ones as much as anyone, but something along these lines is at least worth considering too IMO. I see no reason we can't take ourselves and our collective love of the Albion seriously without being cheesy about it.

But then maybe the nature of NSC is such that we should make having a laugh a big part of this place? I don't know. I think maybe it would be nice to be filled with a sense of passion when I open NSC, rather than a sense of self depricating embarassment. Maybe it's just me though. Like I said, I don't know.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We could try to come up with something meaningful too, it doesn't have to be an "in joke", it could also be something which simply captures our collective sentiments without being cheesy. (I'm not opposed to a humorous one, I just don't think it's the only option).

For example, I think "Stand or Fall" would be worth considering, "From Hereford to Here" also good, or something like that. Not cheesy like "#Together" etc, but not a self depricating piss take either.

I enjoy some of the jokey ones as much as anyone, but something along these lines is at least worth considering too IMO. I see no reason we can't take ourselves and our collective love of the Albion seriously without being cheesy about it.

But then maybe the nature of NSC is such that we should make having a laugh a big part of this place? I don't know. I think maybe it would be nice to be filled with a sense of passion when I open NSC, rather than a sense of self depricating embarassment. Maybe it's just me though. Like I said, I don't know.

I think we MUST have a laugh here. We are not the club, this is not the official media outlet, so we can be a little irreverent about the club, team, league, opposition, fans, whatever.

We are also talking about the banner, so something that we all see regularly, or probably don't see at all (so much so I had to double check "Were Loose" was still there). Therefore it is really about how we represent ourselves externally to non-regulars, first time visitors and opposing fans.

I think it should also reflect some of the great moments on the site... 2 from last season that spring to mind for me was the invention of the new description of being totally hammered... "Sheeboed". Coined after [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] may have posted a couple of things he regretted while slightly merry (and on holiday if I recall). And the other was tracking AliR's plane across the channel... in itself a far more entertaining afternoon than watching him play (so far).

Therefore [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] my 3 suggestions are:

#TeamsLikeBrighton
Totally Sheeboed

and

Stalking Players since 2018

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Withdean to Wembley
?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here