Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
And yet I bet he still signed for one of those rather than Huddersfield.
Chelsea. A lot of money, wages wise and signing on fee for an 18year old and most people for that matter. He has now left them though to get game time elsewhere.

I don't see much point in having Dan James on loan even for a season. We want to progress as a club and not progress individual players that are not ours, surely? I think it's different when you are in championship, league 1 etc. To when I the premier league. As someone else said, if getting a loan in get an experienced one.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't see much point in having Dan James on loan even for a season. We want to progress as a club and not progress individual players that are not ours, surely? I think it's different when you are in championship, league 1 etc. To when I the premier league. As someone else said, if getting a loan in get an experienced one.

If we sign him and he has a great first season, he'll probably be snapped up by a top team the following summer anyway, so loaning him in might not be too much difference for us other than the profit margins. The way football works now, anyone we get in who turns out to be a great signing will be gone the following transfer window. Progressing as a club shouldn't mean loans are a no go.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If we sign him and he has a great first season, he'll probably be snapped up by a top team the following summer anyway, so loaning him in might not be too much difference for us other than the profit margins. The way football works now, anyone we get in who turns out to be a great signing will be gone the following transfer window. Progressing as a club shouldn't mean loans are a no go.
If we sign him and he has a great season and we sell him, we make a profit.
If we sign him and he has a great season, we won't necessarily sell him, look at Dunk.
If we loan him and he has a great season, and he goes back to United, we start again.

I know there are other possibilities, where he doesn't have a great season...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Surely the same would apply if we sign him and then sell him the next summer?

We'd have to use the money we made from him to sign someone new which is essentially starting again.
But we might not sell him. I think Bloom wants to stay in the premier league, selling your best players, which he hasn't done so far, would not help this.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
**** James. We have young talent too- let's use them and who knows who we might have on our hands in a seasons time.

Let’s not speak ill of him just yet.

Man Utd normally sign first team players for £50m - £100m.

James is a punt and will be loaned out. I suspect it will be to us as cover for Izequierdo.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Let’s not speak ill of him just yet.

Man Utd normally sign first team players for £50m - £100m.

James is a punt and will be loaned out. I suspect it will be to us as cover for Izequierdo.

Utd aren’t going to loan him out.

They want him because they can’t get Sancho (not interested) and Zaha (too expensive).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Utd aren’t going to loan him out.

They want him because they can’t get Sancho (not interested) and Zaha (too expensive).

I really doubt Utd are after Zaha after his escapades there before, he is exactly the sort of player they’ll be clearing out this summer.

As for Sancho, if they cat get him, I’d expect them to be spending a similar amount (£60m?) on someone else rather than a punt from the Championship.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I really doubt Utd are after Zaha after his escapades there before, he is exactly the sort of player they’ll be clearing out this summer.

As for Sancho, if they cat get him, I’d expect them to be spending a similar amount (£60m?) on someone else rather than a punt from the Championship.

They are spending big money on defenders, James has been told he is to be part of the first team squad and not loaned out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed. They've had issues with player personalities, effort levels and attitude. They need to recruit some leaders - professionals who will fight each game, and lead their teammates to do the same. Zaha is not a leader, he's a sulker, which is the last thing they need.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You imply you are ITK here as I’ve not seen that reported. Big gamble for Manure if true.

In various places, local papers in both Manchester and Swansea... Nixon from the S*n been saying for days.

It isn’t a secret they are after Maguire and Wan Bissaka, and OLS has been saying he wants youthful players as part of his summer overhaul

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We'll probably join the hunt for Gareth Bale now James is off the market.

NSC users in losing grip on reality shock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here