Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I put this on the Potter thread but perhaps it deserves its own thread. Wales on line saying that Potter wants to bring Dan James with him. Not that I'd heard of him before a couple of days ago but a highly rated young winger apparently with Man Utd and THE Leeds after him.

"We can now reveal Potter has informed Swansea’s American owners that he wants to make the move to Sussex, with Swansea refusing to stand in his way as long as Brighton pay the £3m compensation clause that exists in his contract.

At this stage, we understand that is the only thing standing in the way of a deal to bring him in at this stage.

However, we can also reveal that Potter has told both clubs he wants to bring star winger Dan James with him to the south coast."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-updates-brighton-continue-pursuit-16275117

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
That would be amazing but I can't see it. Thought he was off to the mancscum for £15m.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd feel better about the Potter deal if he brought Dan James with him, the boy is like shit off a shovel and doesn't think twice about breaking forward, can play left or right too.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
So is this why we want Potter then? Interesting negotiation technique to tell the player he can bring his favourite manager along with him. :D

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
3 million compensation for a Championship manager with 2 years left on his contract ? Yeah right

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Dan James did come here (and that's a big if), it would surely mean one of our existing wingers on their way. There's no way that we'd want five wingers (plus Locadia and Gyokeres who can both play out wide) in the squad.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Would be excellent.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Seems decent. But certainly no better than Solly at 21 years old... They're suggesting £15million! Move along, nothing to see here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

hansen.PNG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You look at that highlight reel and the pace at which he plays, the amount of free kicks he wins, he's popping up all over the place and the attacking intent is incredible, the lad looks like he has all the attributes to succeed in the Prem.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Having see the vid:

Pace,
Final Ball,
Finishing

all look a little better, but a Solly vid of his best bits might create the same impression.

I don't get it, wtf's he doing? Running towards the oppositions goal? Craziness. What's his marking on corners like, can he tackle and would he fit into our nine man defence?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You look at that highlight reel and the pace at which he plays, the amount of free kicks he wins, he's popping up all over the place and the attacking intent is incredible, the lad looks like he has all the attributes to succeed in the Prem.

Agree, he looks FIRE.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
3 million compensation for a Championship manager with 2 years left on his contract ? Yeah right

Is it that outlandish? Over two years that would be the equivalent of £30k a week and I suspect most managers aren't too far off what a club pays their highest earning player.

Also, if you want to protect your investment, you put down a reasonable compensation clause.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seems decent. But certainly no better than Solly at 21 years old... They're suggesting £15million! Move along, nothing to see here.

your messing with me right ?

Id pay it all day long. He tore city a new one in that cup game.

Oh and by the way I love Solly and want him my starting 11 also.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I put this on the Potter thread but perhaps it deserves its own thread. Wales on line saying that Potter wants to bring Dan James with him. Not that I'd heard of him before a couple of days ago but a highly rated young winger apparently with Man Utd and THE Leeds after him.

"We can now reveal Potter has informed Swansea’s American owners that he wants to make the move to Sussex, with Swansea refusing to stand in his way as long as Brighton pay the £3m compensation clause that exists in his contract.

At this stage, we understand that is the only thing standing in the way of a deal to bring him in at this stage.

However, we can also reveal that Potter has told both clubs he wants to bring star winger Dan James with him to the south coast."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-updates-brighton-continue-pursuit-16275117

When you read that comment, though, it's actually come from Teamtalk. Which means it's just made-up bollocks, at heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here