Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Nope. I know a young player that was being looked at by Liverpool and Chelsea and each club told him how many players were in front of him before he decided which club to sign with.

And yet I bet he still signed for one of those rather than Huddersfield.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
From the little I've watched of him, I've noticed he has electric speed and acceleration, endless stamina and is surprisingly strong for his height. I also noticed his possession play was pretty poor. He gives the ball away a fair bit and usually from sloppy under or over hit simple passes. I'd still snatch him in a heart beat but I'd be surprised if he gets near the United first team. They need players who can complete withe elite players. James looks like the sort of player who'll need at least 2 seasons of top flight football where he can work on cutting out all the errors to have any chance of playing regularly for a top 6 team.
If anyone has James's email address, please can you forward this post onto him.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Laughable.

- He's a very good player
- He knows the Graham Potter way
- One less signing needed which would have to trained into the philosophy
- Would be a huge boost in helping us build a team fit to stay up
- If he's available for loan and we don't get him, one of our rivals will, resulting in them strengthening their squad
- Should united decide they don't want him next summer (OGS may well be gone) then we would be in the driving seat for his signature

Did you listen to ANY of the press conference yesterday? This is long term. Developing someone else’s young players doesn’t fit that.

How many times have you watched James play? Had you even heard of him 5 days ago?

If he was that good the 5 teams in this league now BETTER than Utd would also be after him, it appears they are not. Utd are the new Liverpool circa 1992 and I personally find it hilarious.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Heard from a good source:: Daniel James going to United and being loaned out for a season to Potter at Brighton.

Taken the above from the Swansea Forum !!???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heard from a good source:: Daniel James going to United and being loaned out for a season to Potter at Brighton.

Taken the above from the Swansea Forum !!???

Well it would make sense wouldn’t it?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Daniel. I've got some good news! Aaaand I've got some not so good news..."

"You'll be playing for Brighton next season."

"YES!"

"But you will be contracted to Manchester United."

"****!"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Daniel. I've got some good news! Aaaand I've got some not so good news..."

United have signed you, no chance of a game.

United are loaning you to the club managed by the man who gave you your break, chances are you’ll get plenty of games

Same money, which would you prefer?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
James on loan for one season means probably dropping (and potentially losing) a Knockaert or even a March. For what? A 12 month (9 in reality) loan where we can’t build a long term core with him in it. I don’t see the point.
If you’re going to get a player in for just one season then I’d prefer a senior pro who is proven, like a Ryan Babel.

What if James can’t make the step up? Or takes months to do so. We’re potentially fecked, Utd shrug, he goes back there anyway probably to be loaned out to the next EPL minnow.

There should be a rule that you cannot loan a player straight out after signing them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Utd have a chance to get a real swing on Tottenham if Spurs lose Eriksen and Utd sign Bale ,whereas a £15 mill player at United will usually mean you're a fringe bench player.

Yes, James will sign for Man Utd if he gets he chance but the opportunity of Premier League first team football under a manager he knows will certainly be tempting.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
As much as I'd have loved us to sign him, it's hardly as if there aren't other players out there who could do the same job that he can that we could perhaps sign

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here