Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
One of the Leeds directors was telling the press tonight that James should wait to see how their play off campaign went before signing for Man United.

I'm no fan of the chirpy Red Devils, but if you're a kid with a choice of a (hypothetically) newly promoted Leeds United who scraped up via the play offs, or Man United, is anybody out there- even a lad who grew up in Yorkshire- going to pick Leeds? :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

your messing with me right ?

Id pay it all day long. He tore city a new one in that cup game.

Oh and by the way I love Solly and want him my starting 11 also.

Yes Solly and Dan #together but there maybe a fight on who would get the number 20!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One of the Leeds directors was telling the press tonight that James should wait to see how their play off campaign went before signing for Man United.

I'm no fan of the chirpy Red Devils, but if you're a kid with a choice of a (hypothetically) newly promoted Leeds United who scraped up via the play offs, or Man United, is anybody out there- even a lad who grew up in Yorkshire- going to pick Leeds? :lolol:

Seems like one of the Leeds directors should have kept his mouth shut [emoji23]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The only possible reason would be the opportunity of first team football would be greater at Leeds I would think as United will spend big to regain their position at the top.

cant see us matching united on wages but if the player wants to play regular first team football he may choose a lower half prem team over them. also if potter is the one that gave him his chance this year then the player may welcome moving on with the manager.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
More chance to play at Leeds plus I'd rather play for the best manager in the world (even if I can't understand him) than Ole right now. Tough choice if Utd offer a lot more money. If he was 28 you could take the money, but he needs to build a 15 year career with this move not disappear into reserves.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
More chance to play at Leeds plus I'd rather play for the best manager in the world (even if I can't understand him) than Ole right now. Tough choice if Utd offer a lot more money. If he was 28 you could take the money, but he needs to build a 15 year career with this move not disappear into reserves.

Utd is also a black hole for young players.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Dan James did come here (and that's a big if), it would surely mean one of our existing wingers on their way. There's no way that we'd want five wingers (plus Locadia and Gyokeres who can both play out wide) in the squad.

Jose being out of action for the first half of the season means that decision could wait till January.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
This could be on now that Potter is due to be announced this afternoon. Hasn't signed for Utd and has gone quiet on that front. A report posted on another thread even suggested a bid hadn't even been made (I know, only reports).

My guess/(mainly hope) is that James was waiting for developments with Potter and the Albion before deciding his future. Despite our 17th place finish, it must be a very tempting proposition to join your manager who has just kick started your career with some guarantee of being first choice in the prem. Here's hoping as he's the one from the Swansea lot to get most excited about.

Any chance, or off to a more established team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any chance, or off to a more established team?

Got to be a chance with us having Potter.

Depends what's more important to him - long termism - grow with us and become an even more attractive prospect to a big club in a year or two, or short termism - go to a big club now, get shitloads of wages for sitting on the bench, and eventually drop down to the Championship again in 3-4 years when everyone has forgotten about you.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Got to be a chance with us having Potter.

Depends what's more important to him - long termism - grow with us and become an even more attractive prospect to a big club in a year or two, or short termism - go to a big club now, get shitloads of wages for sitting on the bench, and eventually drop down to the Championship again in 3-4 years when everyone has forgotten about you.

It does seem younger players over the last 2 or 3 years have realised the importance of playing week in week out. Thinking mainly of the players leaving to go to Germany and Odoi wanting out at Chelsea.

If Utd are interested I hope we casually throw in Zaha's development there and that if you play well enough, you'll get a chance to move to a bigger club. (Which Zaha seemingly has this summer).

If we're interested, which you'd assume we are, hopefully he'd favour progression with us and our new manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nowt wrong with dreaming that a player would choose us over Manchester United........until he signs for United.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It does seem younger players over the last 2 or 3 years have realised the importance of playing week in week out. Thinking mainly of the players leaving to go to Germany and Odoi wanting out at Chelsea.

If Utd are interested I hope we casually throw in Zaha's development there and that if you play well enough, you'll get a chance to move to a bigger club. (Which Zaha seemingly has this summer).

If we're interested, which you'd assume we are, hopefully he'd favour progression with us and our new manager.

Are you saying that Palace will have space in their squad for a winger, and the proceeds of a Zaha sale to fund it...?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here