Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we agree on one thing?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Regardless of how 2019/20 pans out it neither proves that sacking Hughton was a good decision, nor does it prove it was a bad decision.

If we finish 10th under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 9th under Hughton.

if we go down in 18th position under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 19th under Hughton.

We won't have the benefit of assessing the new manager under the same conditions as Chris Hughton, so there is no way of knowing who would have produced the better outcome.

Even if we go down and hughton gets a promoted team up , it still doesn’t mean it was the wrong decision to sack him.
His time was up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Regardless of how 2019/20 pans out it neither proves that sacking Hughton was a good decision, nor does it prove it was a bad decision.

If we finish 10th under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 9th under Hughton.

if we go down in 18th position under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 19th under Hughton.

We won't have the benefit of assessing the new manager under the same conditions as Chris Hughton, so there is no way of knowing who would have produced the better outcome.

Careful Bozza or next thing you know it could be a manager poll for NSC?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Whatever the outcome, we can blame it on the "Were Loose" banner on NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Nobody knows where we'll be. We might have a stonking first season with a new manager, then he loses the dressing room and we go down in the second season!

What saddens me is that when a manager loses the players minds and confidence you have two choices.

1) Sell 25 players and go buy a brand new squad.

2) Sack 1 Manager and appoint a new one.

Option 2 is always the cheapest and easiest, every time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didnt come here for a lecture in communism.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know.

Who asked you Donald?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The style of football will tell all

Yeah I agree, not necessarily achievements as such, but if we see a significant change in style with a few changed faces, we may understand better.

At Fulham this season, 3 separate managers couldn't really change their basic weaknesses. Southampton on the other hand transformed by a different approach. Burnley were transformed without changing manager, just the present manager switched back to what he knew best following a disastrous start. Newcastle were transformed simply because a new high quality central midfielder freed them up completely. Football really is a complex old business really for such a simple game.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
What we need is a multiverse viewer.

Surely some of the NSC BOFFINS can summon their inner Brian Cox and deliver it before the season recommences?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Whatever the outcome, we can blame it on the "Were Loose" banner on NSC.

For the love of Bruno, can we please get rid of that now.

Time to stop living in the past, new season, fresh start, without this only mildly humorous self deprecating joke as our mantra. I know we don't want to be one of those cringy clubs with some kind of wet "yes we can" motto. But I'd rather not have one of those, "think we're funny", "look at how we can poke fun at ourselves" clown jokes either.

I've said it, we've all said it, it was mildly funny for a while. Time to move on.

PLEASE.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I think you know full well there is not one thing that we all can agree on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't wait for the thread bump when we've lost our first five games and Chris Hughton has got WBA top of the Championship unbeaten

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Can't wait for the thread bump when we've lost our first five games and Chris Hughton has got WBA top of the Championship unbeaten

I can't wait to lose the first 5 games either.

wibble.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Obviously we won't know.

However if we only ever talk about things we know then not much will ever be said.

As long as people appreciate that fact generally (you do know that you don't know) and act and think fairly and reasonably with awareness of what hasnt happened because it never existed, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah I agree, not necessarily achievements as such, but if we see a significant change in style with a few changed faces, we may understand better.

At Fulham this season, 3 separate managers couldn't really change their basic weaknesses. Southampton on the other hand transformed by a different approach. Burnley were transformed without changing manager, just the present manager switched back to what he knew best following a disastrous start. Newcastle were transformed simply because a new high quality central midfielder freed them up completely. Football really is a complex old business really for such a simple game.

I thought Burnley's revival was that they dumped Hart....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here