Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What style of play and tactics do you want to see?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
tumblr_p1q7wfUCis1ue9oldo4_250.gif

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As others have said one of the main missing ingredients is pace. I don't expect us to turn into an attacking force overnight, or even a season, but when we do go forward it would be nice to see far more intensity and purpose. To really frighten opposition defences in a way that we haven't seen at the Amex for a long time.

Equally, while I don't want us to become an overly-physical or dirtier team, I think we need players and tactics that can really disrupt the moves of sides with more skilful players. Press harder, make life difficult. To be fair we did see Brighton do that quite a bit in the early half of the season, particularly in the Arsenal game I seem to remember.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solid at the back, but with pacey counter attacking in numbers.

We haven’t got the budget to do a ManC/LFC/Spuds, of 10 quality outfield players, who can all press and are great with the ball.

CP do this, but are suspect in defence.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I actually like the 4-4-1-1 formation with a deadly creative man in behind a pacey striker and some wingers who could cross. Our main issue is retaining possession and dealing with losing possession without simply conceading

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have no idea what style and tactics I want. I am not a football manager.

But I want a manager who does know, who has a goal, a plan and a strategy for achieving it.

I want a manager who can translate this into tactics the players can use to achieve the goal.

And I want the goal to be something aspirational, perhaps just beyond our grasp at the moment.

Mmmmmm.....yes, that's what I want.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I want us to keep tight at the back as we have for the most part under Houghton

I want a midfield that has somone with vision to pick a forward pass

I want two forwards smash and grab style

Oh and a leader on the field in the mold of Brian Horton, Steve Foster, Danny Cullip or Hannibal Lecter

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I want a manager that is able to read the game, setup to exploit opposition weaknesses and able to change tactics during a game when necessary. Different tactics can be achieved by using different players so squad rotation rather than the same 11 each week

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not bothered about formation. Whatever the manager thinks can get the best out of the players, though I doubt 2 up front will be a good option very often in the PL as there's no point playing 2 central strikers if we can never get the ball to them.

Just want us to have a bit more of a go at teams when the opportunity arises and not be stuck in one rigid pattern against all opponents. Something that gets the central midfielders into attacking positions - it's frustrating watching a winger only have one man to aim at in the box.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I want a style that brings out the best in Jahakanbahsh, Locadia and Andone but allows the midfield to supply them with neglecting the defensive side of life, I do not want to be like Keegan's Newcastle lose game 4-3 each week. As regards captain I am not sure that Dunk is vocal enough. I have said it many times I would like to sign an experienced midfielder to complement Stephens, Propper and Bissouma and if he happens to be in the Shelvey/ Drinkwater/Sissoko mould and possible captain material so much the better.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Out of possession - A more uptempo energetic style with more emphasis on pressing from the front and a reduced emphasis on shape. (sorry Dale and Muzza). Much less willingness to allow teams unchallenged possession deep in our half

In possession - Much faster counter attack, with our 4 attacking players (for example in a 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1) looking to sprint forward whenever we gain possession.

We probably have the wingers and full backs for this. Clearly we'll need a pacey centre forward and another Bissouma type in midfield.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would like to see more counter attacking football but would settle for 3+ shots on target per game as a marked improvement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here