Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

What style of play and tactics do you want to see?

1 Not allowed!
    Lots of talk about our negative style and lack of ambition under Hughton.

Plenty of calls to 'have a go at least' in the last few weeks. Many disagreeing, saying we would be picked off a la Fulham.

So, given that we will have the rarity of a new manager and a full close season to prepare, what tactics and formation would you like to see emerge?

I would like to see a 3-5-2 approach as it's more flexible. It would also suit a number of our better players - Bernardo as left wing back; Andone/Locadia as a 2nd striker; Bissouma as the advanced CM in a 3; Dunk's ability to bring the ball out.

I'd like to see us hold a higher line in defence (we couldn't hold a lower one). We may need a new, quick CB to achieve this.

Would like to see the players (existing or new) having the confidence and ability to keep the ball better under pressure. Hoofing the ball away to no-one just keeps us penned in.

The reality is we are going to be defending more than attacking in the PL, but I'd like us to have the pace and direction to be more ambitious when we turn the ball over - being consistently more dangerous on the break.

All easy to say, harder to implement and will need some new blood.

What do others think?
    Harry!Harry!Harry!
    Brighton v Crystal Palace
    Games won: 40
    Games drawn: 25
    Games lost: 36

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Not an expansive relegation.
      Whatever gives the best chance at 40 points and safety.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.

1 Not allowed!
      Something that is easy on the eye.
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

1 Not allowed!
      The most important thing for me is ..... adaptability

To be able to change things to plan B or plan C or plan Z so the team are capable of adapting to the circumstances they find themselves in & respond to it. More flexibility to be able to adapt quickly and snuff out dangers & create our own going the other way.

0 Not allowed!
      Bit like Ossie Ardiles did at Spurs

2 at the back , 7 up front and the other one just running around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Certainly 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 when at home to the other 13 teams in 'our' league. Fully understand when playing the top teams the need to be a bit more cautious (as Chris was) but feel we should be more open against the aforementioned group of teams, even if it sees us lose 2 or 3 more games heavily, I still think it would increase the chances of more wins too.

Obviously depends on the new manager and the players at his disposal, but for me and its just my own view, I do think there should be room for 2 strikers in most selections of 10 outfield players. Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle would be the sort of pair that I think could do a job or a similar type of combination.

0 Not allowed!
      3 at the back feels like it would make sense, as we have a number of decent CBs, Bernardo seems like he would suit LWB, and I reckon Solly could make a decent fist at RWB.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grummit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Plenty of calls to 'have a go at least' in the last few weeks. Many disagreeing, saying we would be picked off a la Fulham.

So, given that we will have the rarity of a new manager and a full close season to prepare, what tactics and formation would you like to see emerge?

I would like to see a 3-5-2 approach as it's more flexible. It would also suit a number of our better players - Bernardo as left wing back; Andone/Locadia as a 2nd striker; Bissouma as the advanced CM in a 3; Dunk's ability to bring the ball out.

I'd like to see us hold a higher line in defence (we couldn't hold a lower one). We may need a new, quick CB to achieve this.

Would like to see the players (existing or new) having the confidence and ability to keep the ball better under pressure. Hoofing the ball away to no-one just keeps us penned in.

The reality is we are going to be defending more than attacking in the PL, but I'd like us to have the pace and direction to be more ambitious when we turn the ball over - being consistently more dangerous on the break.

What do others think?
      What about a 3-4-2-1?

"Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      3 at the back feels like it would make sense, as we have a number of decent CBs, Bernardo seems like he would suit LWB, and I reckon Solly could make a decent fist at RWB.
      Mmm, not sure about the Solly bit, but I've been saying for some time I would like someone who might think about 3-5-2 / 3-1-4-2 / 3-4-1-2. But whatever, somebody who can coach our players to string more than 3 passes together would be a start.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grummit View Post

What do others think?
      This is a great idea and would please a lot of people if it worked, but the reality is that we don't have the quality (at the moment) to pull of such a formation and set up. A very good transfer window and managerial appointment would change this, but I doubt any manager would be so brave as to put this into action after such a high-profile sacking.

4-3-3 with a few sturdy signings and holding onto our best (Dunk etc) is the best and most realistic outcome we can expect, probably.

Ambition and 3 at the back is the dream.