Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The patronising neutral/media tone

BDP1884

May 14, 2019
Just wanted to say that as a Leicester fan I find the patronising drivel that you've been subjected to over the past couple of days from neutrals and pundits alike to be particularly tiresome. I see that the usual 'what do they expect brigade?' are out in force as if finishing 17th on 36 points is some sort of remarkable achievement when it's clear as day that you have a better squad than the three clubs that have just been relegated and arguably better than a couple that finished above you. That's before we even start to factor in that you have the 6th highest average net spend of any current premier league club over the last three years and have been on a pretty dismal run of form in the second half of the season.

We were subjected to all of this when we sacked Puel and even more so when we sacked Ranieri and what it taught me more than anything was to listen to the people who actually watch their team every week because they know much more about their club than anyone else.

I like Chris Hughton a lot and overall he did a fantastic job at Brighton and as it's been said many times, he'll have no trouble at all finding another job. However, the general consensus I'm getting from Brighton fans seems to be that a change is probably for the best (correct me if I'm wrong) and if that is the case then I have to say fair play because you watch your team every week and I don't. The way it's been handled also seems to have come under scrutiny which is something I really don't understand. He was given the opportunity to see out the season and the statement was released the following day, giving the board time to appoint the next manager and give him the entire summer. I don't see that as being particularly disrespectful to Chris, infact I think it's a really intelligent and sensible way of dealing with the situation.

You seem to have identified ideal candidates as your next manager and want to progress instead of just making up the numbers and I for one commend you for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here