Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unfair Criticism of Scouting Team

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There are one or two Iranians on here that will correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't get where you've got the Jahanbakhsh down the middle idea from. He played on the right of a front three in the Eredivisie most the time, and he generally plays a wider and deeper right-sided position for Iran.

One of the Iranians (@Kman I think?) said we'd see what he was made of when played on the right-hand side. Which he was for a couple of games in a row. He was rubbish there.

Bloke has the same goal production as Leon Best and played a part in 3x the games.

Quicker we get him off the wage bill, the better. IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the Iranians (@Kman I think?) said we'd see what he was made of when played on the right-hand side. Which he was for a couple of games in a row. He was rubbish there.

Bloke has the same goal production as Leon Best and played a part in 3x the games.

Quicker we get him off the wage bill, the better. IMO.

How are you at humble pie eating should he stay and prove his worth next season? Just curious as to how you’ll respond if he does well.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How are you at humble pie eating should he stay and prove his worth next season? Just curious as to how you’ll respond if he does well.

I think 'gobsmacked' would be an accurate measure of my mentality. And that's just if he stays through to the end of the window.
But my view is pretty entrenched. So best to expect a tantrum :tantrum:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think 'gobsmacked' would be an accurate measure of my mentality. And that's just if he stays through to the end of the window.
But my view is pretty entrenched. So best to expect a tantrum :tantrum:

That’s what I figured :smile:

Looking forward to the gloating, don’t go pissing off in August/September :lolol:

SeagullsD123

Dec 29, 2016
So, you've just added Rondon to that expanding list. And if it's consistency you're after, you'd have to take Mitrovic off that list, because his goals have also come in clusters surrounded by barren spells. I suspect Ings and Redmond will make it in there next season too.

Rondon was on my original list and concerning Mitrovic, many aren’t a fan as he is a tad wasteful but in my opinion Babel’s form was partly down to Mitro. He’s such a handful that you need your CBs permanently on him which unlocks wingers. He just has that extra yard of speed and stamina that he’s not in the wrong place like Murray often is at tender age of 35

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With the new manager(whoever it may be) we need new backroom staff, maybe the whole off field team were getting a bit stale. It's not a bad success rate however our new signings have been 50/50 good or mediocre but when mediocrity is costing in excess of £10 million something is wrong.
I feel the time is right for a fresh start and a new broom and fresh ideas.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That’s what I figured :smile:

Looking forward to the gloating, don’t go pissing off in August/September :lolol:

Something (his general shitness thus far) tells me your opportunities to do so will be very slim indeed.
But I'll be around, god willing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here