Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 'Lancing-on-Sea' proposal discussed on Radio 4

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I thought lancing was the cheaper end of Worthing- how could it ever think it was pretentious ! Bit like saying Croydon is pretentious - just not possible regardless of investment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This has all been blown out of proportion, no? Has anyone from the council actually come out and said "We want to change the name of our town to Lancing-by-Sea" or words to that effect?

Once the Daily Mail got hold of it, via a few Facebook posts, the horse had bolted...

Even so, good luck to them. It's generated a lot of interest in the town anyway, which seemed to be the driving force behind the original campaign :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This has all been blown out of proportion, no? Has anyone from the council actually come out and said "We want to change the name of our town to Lancing-by-Sea" or words to that effect?

Once the Daily Mail got hold of it, via a few Facebook posts, the horse had bolted...

Even so, good luck to them. It's generated a lot of interest in the town anyway, which seemed to be the driving force behind the original campaign :thumbsup:

Like most modern news these days. In some ways, a bit like NSC and other forums. People making issues of collective attitudes when, in fact, it's probably one or two people.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Well. I live in Leigh on Sea. And, last I looked, its on the banks of the Thames with commanding views of a power station and the glorious caravan parks of north Kent.

On sea? My arse.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I live in East Worthing village and I think Lancing folk are up their own arses. As for Sompting :sick:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here