Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Builders and appointments

D

Deleted member 22389

I've needed some fence work done, as well as some minor building work, and I've contacted 4 builders in my area to arrange viewings for quotes, and only one of them has had the decency to turn up (albeit an hour late). The others haven't even bothered to offer an apology as to why they didn't arrive.

Is this typical?

Yes. Have you tried check a trade?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just to give a flip side to matters, I turned up to do some fencing for someone ....bought all materials ..unloaded to back garden ..only to be confronted by the neighbour who told me in no uncertain terms that I couldn’t put the fence where my customer wanted it....turned out there was a dispute over where the boundary was for the two properties and it was all in the hands of solicitors ..nice to have been told beforehand

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've needed some fence work done, as well as some minor building work, and I've contacted 4 builders in my area to arrange viewings for quotes, and only one of them has had the decency to turn up (albeit an hour late). The others haven't even bothered to offer an apology as to why they didn't arrive.

Is this typical?

Ask our friends from Croydon if they can raise some money towards this - Palisade Fencing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here