Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Builders and appointments

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've needed some fence work done, as well as some minor building work, and I've contacted 4 builders in my area to arrange viewings for quotes, and only one of them has had the decency to turn up (albeit an hour late). The others haven't even bothered to offer an apology as to why they didn't arrive.

Is this typical?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I've needed some fence work done, as well as some minor building work, and I've contacted 4 builders in my area to arrange viewings for quotes, and only one of them has had the decency to turn up (albeit an hour late). The others haven't even bothered to offer an apology as to why they didn't arrive.

Is this typical?

From my experience, yes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Is this typical?

Fairly, yes......job not that big, they’re all busy so can understandably be a bit picky. Put it up on here as a separate post asking for recommendations (rather than a general criticism of the trade) and you might get some ?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Fairly, yes......job not that big, they’re all busy so can understandably be a bit picky. Put it up on here as a separate post asking for recommendations (rather than a general criticism of the trade) and you might get some ?

"can understandably be a bit picky" - that doesn't explain shocking bad manners, and woeful customer service. It doesn't take a minute to send an email, text, or call to say "sorry". None of them had the common courtesy to do so.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
"can understandably be a bit picky" - that doesn't explain shocking bad manners, and woeful customer service. It doesn't take a minute to send an email, text, or call to say "sorry". None of them had the common courtesy to do so.

I agree.
Of course, there are honourable exceptions, but it would be kind to say that communication is something the building trade should work on!

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010

Personally I wooden worry too much
about it try a post on fb or something like that
bud

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Most builders have jobs already sorted for the next 6 months as plenty of work out there
Best asking on here for someone who can sort

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here