Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

The summer signings have been poor so far. The recruitment is far too slow. Surprised we've not even gone in for striker yet. I guess Bloom's banking on the promotion teams being shit and us getting the odd win here and there.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

The summer signings have been poor so far. The recruitment is far too slow. Surprised we've not even gone in for striker yet. I guess Bloom's banking on the promotion teams being shit and us getting the odd win here and there.

I thought that was what Chris was trying to do.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Low - I feel like a child whose mother has just kicked my father out the house so she can get herself a newer model. Whilst I'm sat thinking I liked him and was fine having him around even if he wasn't as exciting as when I was younger but I still liked him and preferred having him there. Now there is uncertainty...what will change...will things be an improvement.

This brings back too many memories of a childhood that I thought I was over!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It’s a 1 from me

Still feeling very low about all this. Dreadful way to treat a good man

When are they taking the #Together slogan down from the stadium by the way?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm at 4 but I was probably at about minus 20 during the first half of the Newcastle game, so it's on an upwards curve.

I will miss Bruno so that's one negative. Without him and CH I fear for Knocky's mental health. So that's another. I think CH was an honourable and decent man who can honestly lay claim to perhaps being our best manager ever, with only Mullery as competition.

But everyone knows what happened after Mullery. A (still record) 13th place finish but the dullest football imaginable, so that crowds dropped off anyway. A Cup Final. And then - the long slow descent towards oblivion. So I also worry that this is a gamble too far, that next season the very opposite to Mike Bailey may happen and we'll go down playing some lovely stuff.

But......

I think if we'd stuck with CH we'd have gone down anyway. I think TB has thrown the dice, knowing that 100 odd million was at risk if CH was kept on. So I'm "up" to 4/10 based on the fact that we have done something and that the gamble has been placed by a well known and succesful gambler.

Make the right appointment and bring in the right players and I'll be a good 10 come kick off time in August.

Bring in Boothroyd and try to get him to turn Ali J and Locadia in to footballers and my ticket for the first game will be on the exchange.

I am on holiday 10th august for two weeks so will miss the introduction of GATTUSSO as manager.

Can't say at the moment that I care at all about football...it is really strange that as the realisation of the whle point of the prem for clubs like ours is to not be worse than three other sides and where when you were in the championship, there was this anticipation of pitting yourselves against the best...the realisation is the best you can hope for is a point here and there or one of them having an off day like manure.

The glamour of playing against city , Liverpool etc pales when the idea is not to be dicked by them.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
2. Not a happy bunny at all.

Don't get the excitement with Potter yet, feels a bit like a player signing that I know nothing about, only to then see a You Tube montage of him scoring some decent goals against Swedish opposition.

Yes, he could be the next bright young English manager, or he could be the next Paul Clement. I'll certainly reserve judgement for a while yet, and as such won't be bouncing around the room at the announcement. I might move up to 2.5, just because we've avoided the horror appointments that are possible, eg. Redknapp, Hughes, Alladyce, Pardew etc

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Me too . . . . CH's departure and its handling has tarnished the club, and there's so much uncertainty right now. I've not seen a single name mentioned as far as a replacement manager is concerned that sounds like a forward or exciting step, and that's before we contemplate any possible player moves.

Really confused by this and similar comments...

We [supposedly] sacked a manager on live television. How does sacking a manager, after the final game of the season, when most other clubs would have reacted after any one of the Fulham, B'muff or Cardiff games, tarnish the reputation of a club that sacked their manager on live TV?

One news cycle and the public/media will have moved on completely. Nothing tarnished here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really confused by this and similar comments...

We [supposedly] sacked a manager on live television. How does sacking a manager, after the final game of the season, when most other clubs would have reacted after any one of the Fulham, B'muff or Cardiff games, tarnish the reputation of a club that sacked their manager on live TV?

One news cycle and the public/media will have moved on completely. Nothing tarnished here.
The LMA seemed pretty unanimous that there was last night. Feels like that to me, too (Poyet was different - we all knew he was wanting a new ceiling; and he'd got rid of Murray).

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
About 5 i suppose , i'm hoping when we attend away matches next season we actually try to win them , it's incredible to think when we actually tried to play football away from home Palace / Arsenal for example we looked very good , if not a little unsure of what to do when there's more than one of our own players in the opposition half , the do not concede mentality has to be erased and replaced with a score first mentality and i will see how we go before i start using my money to go to the away games

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The LMA seemed pretty unanimous that there was last night. Feels like that to me, too (Poyet was different - we all knew he was wanting a new ceiling; and he'd got rid of Murray).

The LMA are the manager's union and are therefore, pretty much, constitutionally obliged to be up in arms whenever a manager is sacked. However, provided it was done within the terms of the contract, they too just generate some hot air and then go away quietly.

Explain WHY the club is tarnished.

The owner has terminated the fixed term contract of an employee who he felt wasn't performing to the required standard. Nothing has been suggested anywhere that the club have breached any contractual terms and, as is usually the case, I am assuming that they will pay up the remaining term of the contract so that Chris gets his legal entitlements.

The owner waited until the end of the season, rather than reacting to a specific game and the press release acknowledged Chris' past performance and contribution to the club. This is the most obviously natural break where clubs draw a line under last season and start working towards next. Everything from Monday onwards was about next season.

The only thing that was missing from the statement was "mutual consent", but that is for Chris to agree to and if he didn't, it cannot be included in any press release.

He was among the top 10 longest serving managers in a profession where it isn't unusual for managers not to see out a single season, so you can't say he was sacked for anything other than his performance this season.

Neither the press nor NSC see his personal objectives, given to him by his boss and so we cannot be sure what targets Tony felt he missed, or what feedback was given by other employees... all we know is that the club's owner has said that's the end. Tony clearly expected something other than "stay up".
I imagine the lack of opportunities for youth players, the slow bedding in of new signings, the mis-positioning of a number of players, etc are all things that were raised because they were obvious to everyone, but only a handful of people will know what was the specific thing that Chris did or didn't do that caused him to lose his job.

Whenever someone loses their job it is sad for everyone impacted. Chris is a really nice guy and I wish him the absolute best. but genuinely cannot see how this has really tarnished the club. A few knee-jerk reactions from those still in the Hughton-In camp and maybe a few sharp intakes of breath from the rest of us that it actually happened, but in the cold light of a new day, this wasn't done badly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s a 1 from me

Still feeling very low about all this. Dreadful way to treat a good man

When are they taking the #Together slogan down from the stadium by the way?

So #Together means no one is allowed to leave ever?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The LMA are the manager's union and are therefore, pretty much, constitutionally obliged to be up in arms whenever a manager is sacked. However, provided it was done within the terms of the contract, they too just generate some hot air and then go away quietly.

Explain WHY the club is tarnished.

The owner has terminated the fixed term contract of an employee who he felt wasn't performing to the required standard. Nothing has been suggested anywhere that the club have breached any contractual terms and, as is usually the case, I am assuming that they will pay up the remaining term of the contract so that Chris gets his legal entitlements.

The owner waited until the end of the season, rather than reacting to a specific game and the press release acknowledged Chris' past performance and contribution to the club. This is the most obviously natural break where clubs draw a line under last season and start working towards next. Everything from Monday onwards was about next season.

The only thing that was missing from the statement was "mutual consent", but that is for Chris to agree to and if he didn't, it cannot be included in any press release.

He was among the top 10 longest serving managers in a profession where it isn't unusual for managers not to see out a single season, so you can't say he was sacked for anything other than his performance this season.

Neither the press nor NSC see his personal objectives, given to him by his boss and so we cannot be sure what targets Tony felt he missed, or what feedback was given by other employees... all we know is that the club's owner has said that's the end. Tony clearly expected something other than "stay up".
I imagine the lack of opportunities for youth players, the slow bedding in of new signings, the mis-positioning of a number of players, etc are all things that were raised because they were obvious to everyone, but only a handful of people will know what was the specific thing that Chris did or didn't do that caused him to lose his job.

Whenever someone loses their job it is sad for everyone impacted. Chris is a really nice guy and I wish him the absolute best. but genuinely cannot see how this has really tarnished the club. A few knee-jerk reactions from those still in the Hughton-In camp and maybe a few sharp intakes of breath from the rest of us that it actually happened, but in the cold light of a new day, this wasn't done badly.
Yes, I do actually know who the LMA are. If you really can't understand why the club feels a little less special than it did 48 hours ago, it's no good anyone trying to explain it to you.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yes, I do actually know who the LMA are. If you really can't understand why the club feels a little less special than it did 48 hours ago, it's no good anyone trying to explain it to you.

I specifically asked for you to explain it to me...

I have put forward the arguments as to why I don't think that the club have tarnished their image and that the faux outrage is just hot air from those still in the In camp who had their head in the sand and will disappear within a news cycle. This is my opinion, I was looking for the alternative view that the outrage is real and justifiable.

If you just can't be arsed to justify your opinion then don't comment on mine.

My Albion Mojo is at the highest its been for a long time because I am now looking forward to a different season then we have endured. We may stay up, we may go down... but it won't be nearly as predictable as hanging on to 17th place grinding out no score draws.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

I have put forward the arguments as to why I don't think that the club have tarnished their image and that the faux outrage is just hot air from those still in the In camp who had their head in the sand and will disappear within a news cycle. This is my opinion, I was looking for the alternative view that the outrage is real and justifiable.

My Albion Mojo is at the highest its been for a long time because I am now looking forward to a different season then we have endured. We may stay up, we may go down... but it won't be nearly as predictable as hanging on to 17th place grinding out no score draws.

The majority, in fact all of my non Albion supporting mates are amazed at what has gone on at Brighton.
So I’m not completely sure why you think the image (whether people know what they’re talking about or not), isn’t just a tad tarnished. “But he kept them up, twice”, they say to a man.
My mojo has not recovered, and may go sub zero, if we get in the wrong man. And that Albion image - we may become a laughing stock for a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My mojo has taken a nose dive since Monday, mostly due to the Neville rumours.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The majority, in fact all of my non Albion supporting mates are amazed at what has gone on at Brighton.
So I’m not completely sure why you think the image (whether people know what they’re talking about or not), isn’t just a tad tarnished. “But he kept them up, twice”, they say to a man.
My mojo has not recovered, and may go sub zero, if we get in the wrong man. And that Albion image - we may become a laughing stock for a while.

You've got mates who clearly haven't watched us often then, and is typical of an outsiders looking in opinion.

I'm not advocating his sacking, I was firmly in the CH camp when he got the boot, but to deny there weren't clear signs of decline is to stick your head in the sand.

Our owner has to make hard choices, this has never been about what Hughton has done else he'd have a job here for life, he wasn't sacked as punishment. Bloom has taken the opinion that this decline will seep into next season, an opinion shared by many fans. That we may be staring down the barrel of relegation as early as October when we would need to make the same decision, but this time with only a short-term option of hiring a fireman to give us a chance of survival.

The fact you are struggling to see this makes me wonder how many games you subjected yourself to throughout the season because the football on display and lack of meaningful change was deeply troubling. The Arsenal game won many over, but we must remember that was a game without pressure. Many would take the opinion that as soon as the pressure is back on we will revert to type.

With hindsight I feel the change was needed, but that doesn't mean I was gunning for it to happen or felt any satisfaction when it did.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Our reputation has suffered, no matter what we might think of it all. Here's two emails I've received from supporters of other teams:

"How one of the best managers gets this happen is ridiculous. All writers and people in the game know what he's done is quality. Well, a job will come looking for him for sure, probably an international team"

"Bloody Ridiculous. I cannot believe you have done this, I thought he might leave of his own accord, but to sack him. That is disgraceful. I thought Brighton were meant to be better than this. It’s all that is wrong with footy tbh – and history says it will not benefit the club in the long run."

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lifted to 2.

I blame it on some of the positivity on NSC (I was previously on 1!!!) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Our reputation has suffered, no matter what we might think of it all. Here's two emails I've received from supporters of other teams:

"How one of the best managers gets this happen is ridiculous. All writers and people in the game know what he's done is quality. Well, a job will come looking for him for sure, probably an international team"

"Bloody Ridiculous. I cannot believe you have done this, I thought he might leave of his own accord, but to sack him. That is disgraceful. I thought Brighton were meant to be better than this. It’s all that is wrong with footy tbh – and history says it will not benefit the club in the long run."

What part of 3 wins from 23 did they not read? Had the second half’s results occurred in first half no-one in right mind would have queried. Albion would have been marooned in19th, not scoring goals and looking clueless. The simple fact is three lucky consecutive 1-0s kept us up and made the position of the club at halfway look falsely good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here