Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You've got mates who clearly haven't watched us often then, and is typical of an outsiders looking in opinion.

I'm not advocating his sacking, I was firmly in the CH camp when he got the boot, but to deny there weren't clear signs of decline is to stick your head in the sand.

Our owner has to make hard choices, this has never been about what Hughton has done else he'd have a job here for life, he wasn't sacked as punishment. Bloom has taken the opinion that this decline will seep into next season, an opinion shared by many fans. That we may be staring down the barrel of relegation as early as October when we would need to make the same decision, but this time with only a short-term option of hiring a fireman to give us a chance of survival.

The fact you are struggling to see this makes me wonder how many games you subjected yourself to throughout the season because the football on display and lack of meaningful change was deeply troubling. The Arsenal game won many over, but we must remember that was a game without pressure. Many would take the opinion that as soon as the pressure is back on we will revert to type.

With hindsight I feel the change was needed, but that doesn't mean I was gunning for it to happen or felt any satisfaction when it did.

I understand your arguments and correct, I have mates who don’t watch the Albion at all, I don’t live in Brighton.

And in their eyes, the image is tarnished. Nipped into the local butchers today, and the guys couldn’t believe he’d been sacked.

You’re still talking as an Albion fan, and that’s fair enough, but you need to accept, that one way or another, outsiders view us as a bit stupid. If we appoint Phil Neville, it will make it even worse.

I subjected myself to around 30 games last season, by the way. It was mostly bloody awful, especially away, but I really didn’t expect too much more to be honest.

But if we end up with PN, and keep losing, which we will, I’m considering not doing all the travel next season. Things will get toxic much quicker than last season. Might as well have lost with CH

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My mojo is diving at present as the candidates currently in the frame I feel very disappointed in. I really thought we would be going to go for someone with the experience of this league to take us forward. But it seems to be the same with player recruitment and lets have a gamble on the unknown.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd say around a 4 now. At the beginning of the week I was confused and despondent in a way forward for the Albion. Time is on our side.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What part of 3 wins from 23 did they not read? Had the second half’s results occurred in first half no-one in right mind would have queried. Albion would have been marooned in19th, not scoring goals and looking clueless. The simple fact is three lucky consecutive 1-0s kept us up and made the position of the club at halfway look falsely good.

Yes. But image / what others' think of us and reality are not necessarily the same thing. I think Nobby a few posts above has about summed it up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it was around 3-4 the last time this was asked (or the last time I responded to one). It's not any higher now, but that is at least in part because the season is over. I can see both sides of the argument for firing Hughton, so that's not really impacting on my mojo. The season has only just ended, so the lack of manager in place isn't the sort of worry it would be if we'd been several weeks without naming anyone and the transfer window was closing/closed. I don't really know much about this Potter guy, so that's not lifting my spirits, I'm not considering Neville a serious option at this point so that's not impacting my mojo.

So it's probably still in that 3-4 range.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
9/10. I am massively excited about this summer and the season ahead.

Have every faith in Hughton and Ashworth to make the correct decisions and I think Potter is a great choice as manager. Can’t wait for the new season to start.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
9/10. I am massively excited about this summer and the season ahead.

Have every faith in Hughton and Ashworth to make the correct decisions and I think Potter is a great choice as manager. Can’t wait for the new season to start.

With faith like that we could be in the Champion's League in 2020/21!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I've been in the Hughton Out camp for a little while so, whilst I'm a bit shocked at the manner of his departure and doing my best to remember the good times, I can't help but be quite excited for the future.

New manager, new style, new players (?), current players coming good (?).

Albion Mojo - 8/10.

New players maybe but they would not be anywhere near the standard of players being signed by the top teams.
Our new supporters will have to accept that the Premiership is in fact the Elite and the also rans,if you long for the entertaining flowing football we used to watch, then
you will have to wait until we are back in the Championship.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
About 5 i suppose , i'm hoping when we attend away matches next season we actually try to win them , it's incredible to think when we actually tried to play football away from home Palace / Arsenal for example we looked very good , if not a little unsure of what to do when there's more than one of our own players in the opposition half , the do not concede mentality has to be erased and replaced with a score first mentality and i will see how we go before i start using my money to go to the away games

We need to play a very defensive style of football against the teams in the top half of the league as they will tear us apart if we take the game to them, as to watching away games you need to have other interests unless the match is against clubs in the lower half of the league

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Cant remember to feeling this fed up for a long time.
First Bruno and then Hughton.......

Talk of potentially inferior managers IMO, can't see anything to be positive about.....

Fully agree, added to this is the all in wrestling which is allowed by refs these days,will limit my Premiership to watching on Sky where I can use the fast forward key to zoom through the
worst periods

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I specifically asked for you to explain it to me...

I have put forward the arguments as to why I don't think that the club have tarnished their image and that the faux outrage is just hot air from those still in the In camp who had their head in the sand and will disappear within a news cycle. This is my opinion, I was looking for the alternative view that the outrage is real and justifiable.

If you just can't be arsed to justify your opinion then don't comment on mine.

My Albion Mojo is at the highest its been for a long time because I am now looking forward to a different season then we have endured. We may stay up, we may go down... but it won't be nearly as predictable as hanging on to 17th place grinding out no score draws.

You still do not appreciate that this is the very defensive style clubs like us have play if we don't want to be completely torn apart, we are playing teams who are vastly superior to us

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
New players maybe but they would not be anywhere near the standard of players being signed by the top teams.
Our new supporters will have to accept that the Premiership is in fact the Elite and the also rans,if you long for the entertaining flowing football we used to watch, then
you will have to wait until we are back in the Championship.

Yep. Don't think I mentioned anything about the signing of top players. Top players for our level, you'd hope.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You still do not appreciate that this is the very defensive style clubs like us have play if we don't want to be completely torn apart, we are playing teams who are vastly superior to us

On the contrary... I do see that we need to play defensively... However, we also need to continuously improve in order to maintain our position. Play the same game every week and we get found out. Oops.. we got found out.

Perfect example was the game against Liverpool last season when they slipped the ball under the wall. Klopp said in his interview that he watched tapes of us and everyone always jumped.

Why the hell is Klopp watching tapes of us and learning something critical that our own coaches have not seen despite watching the players day in day out?
Not a game changer really but hugely indicative of how we became extremely predictable and so people played to our obvious weaknesses and exploited them brilliantly.

It took me to the Cardiff game to see just how bad we really were. We hadn't changed, hadn't evolved, hadn't improved... But almost everyone else had and we were being left behind.

Yes, that's not the whole story but it is a significant part.
Prior to Cardiff I was very pro Chris and quite apologetic of the 4411 defensive play that bored us all rigid but ground out results. Then I woke up to the fact that we were sleepwalking to a season like Derby's 11 pointer. I still believe we should be defensively orientated but we also need to evolve too... and be far less predictable.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If I was guaranteed things were back to normal and I was going to the first game of the season and seeing my friends it would be through the roof. I have nothing but praise for what the club has done, fantastic communication through out, great intent with players signing, I love the new kit. Albion mojo 10, but football interest mojo 2. I can't get excited about watching on TV. When we are allowed back then it will be a whole new level.

D

Deleted member 2719

This is the Albion I have dreamed about.

The whole setup is going to plan, keeping our best talent and producing some fine hatchlings.

We are just hitting dreamland, long may it continue.

:clap::albion2::clap::banana:

larus

This is the Albion I have dreamed about.

The whole setup is going to plan, keeping our best talent and producing some fine hatchlings.

We are just hitting dreamland, long may it continue.

:clap::albion2::clap::banana:

Indeed - slow and steady improvements.

Initial focus on the stadium/training facilities, plus the general setup with key staff.
The desire to build for the PL - not just throw money and then struggle.
Consolidation in year 1.
Backwards in year 2 (IMO).
Change of direction last year with GP and finally, the gradual introduction of some U23 youngsters.
And then this window has seen astute dealings so far, and a ‘statement of intent’ in regards of Dunk and White.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here