Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
6/10 for me. Shocked Hughtons gone but it is an understandable decision. The managerial merry go round of managers fills me with horror. Then there is Mr Potter.......relatively left field and off the radar and a huge gamble. If he is appointed and I think he will be it all could go spectacularly wrong or it could be a match made in heaven, if nothing else fascinating times are going to unfold. Interesting times.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
My mojo has gone through the roof after the news of CH's departure.

I was beginning to fall out of love with going to the Amex to watch his boring, negative and uninspiring way of playing football. I came close to not renewing for next season because I just wasn't enjoying it any more; bloody glad I didn't go down that road.

I'm really excited and looking forward to next season now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Low, feel saddened by the way Hughtons departure was handled.

A “by mutual consent” departure, nicely worded, would have been so much better than the nicely worded “he’s shit, but it took us a while to realise” message that came out from the board.

I would suspect that "by mutual consent" was offered to CH but if he turned that option down then sacking was the only option TB had left. Maybe CH got a better financial deal by holding out for the sacking than if he had gone down the "by mutual consent" route. Who knows? We certainly don't so in the absence of factual information about what was / was not offered to CH I'm not sure we can really be critical of TB over CH's departure.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Really low, not really enjoying the premier league, though ecstatic when we did the double over Palace. I understand why TB made the decision, have no idea if it is the correct one or not and pleased it was not me that had to make it. Sad that CH has left.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I would suspect that "by mutual consent" was offered to CH but if he turned that option down then sacking was the only option TB had left. Maybe CH got a better financial deal by holding out for the sacking than if he had gone down the "by mutual consent" route. Who knows? We certainly don't so in the absence of factual information about what was / was not offered to CH I'm not sure we can really be critical of TB over CH's departure.

You have made some massive (ludicrous) assumptions as to what may have gone on to justify your point. Do you really believe Chris would favour a “sacking” on his cv for the sake of some extra compo.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Genuinely optimistic about the prospect of Potter, Ashworth, an academy churning out minimessis every year, a cohesive football philosophy that enables the minimessis to break into the 1st team, a summer of new signings, the possible arrival of Alex Mac & Percy Tau and please god some exciting football to watch.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I'm a 7, whatever that might mean.

Shocked CH has gone and feel desperately sorry for him, didn't want him gone.... but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Its always exciting before a new manager because the possibilities are endless and the dreaming can start

This.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why isn't the poll multiple choice?

I'm veering between a 3 (we're doomed anyway next season and we've just fired the second best manager I've seen at the club and the "nicest man in football") and about an 8 (God, we really were shite for the second half of the season, and it's good that Tony has ambition beyond "let's just stay in the PL, f*ck everything else, including entertainment". Instead, it appears to be "Let's stay in the PL, but if we go down, let's go down fighting").

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very sad that Chris is no longer our manager, I loved the decency and dignity of the guy and the fact he had been in position for so long.

Also sad that we won't see Bruno again and that we are taking a bit of a step into the unknown, which could lead to a very different looking Brighton & Hove Albion and it might not be one we warm to.

But that said ... it could be a massive turning point for the club and the beginning of something pretty exciting. Life moves on. Put me down for an 8.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
6 - we're at a crossroads I feel. A gamble that could go either way.

One thing I will point out is people (esp on here) are bound to say 'If we'd kept Hughton' 'if we'd appointed so and so' but the truth is - We will never, ever know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the option for '0 - Mojo Switched Off Post-Season Pending New Recruitment News'? ???

I thought that those who felt like that would have logged off for the close season, sorry :wink:

Mine is 8 as I think Tony was 100% right to what he did. It wasn't easy for him but he took the decision that we were not improving in fact in all honesty we had gone backwards this season. The manager has to take most of the responsibility for poor performances in last 4 months sometimes downright pitiful and lack of effort in some games

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seven, we're still in a fantastic place with a great owner. Let the next chapter begin....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Low, feel saddened by the way Hughtons departure was handled.

A “by mutual consent” departure, nicely worded, would have been so much better than the nicely worded “he’s shit, but it took us a while to realise” message that came out from the board.

Yes would agree with that. He deserved that for what he'd done previously and forget the struggle of the second half of the season. I guess our Tony didn't become a billionaire by being sentimental.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Me too . . . . CH's departure and its handling has tarnished the club, and there's so much uncertainty right now. I've not seen a single name mentioned as far as a replacement manager is concerned that sounds like a forward or exciting step, and that's before we contemplate any possible player moves.

Mediocre 5 ... shocked at the quickness of CH removal though not surprised it was done ... not overly excited or inspired by any of those linked with the job so far just hope its done properly but quickly to end the uncertainty & rumours. Whoever its going to be get them in a.s.a.p so they have the best possible chance to get on with the rebuild & so we can get behind them & get on the transfer rumours instead of managerial rumours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought that those who felt like that would have logged off for the close season, sorry :wink:

Meh :shrug:

Being NSC, there's always MUCH more interesting and amusing non-Albion stuff to discuss. Else many of us would have logged off forever yonks ago. Nothing worse than a football message board.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Currently an 8. We got away with it this season, as our second half form / style / results could easily have led to relegation. The new manager will have a full transfer window / pre-season, with financial backing.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lowest it's been in years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here