Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the shock sacking and the rumours of less than “proven managers” on the alleged short list

I feel dirty saying it but I am actually excited where I was Meh after the City game :smile:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've been in the Hughton Out camp for a little while so, whilst I'm a bit shocked at the manner of his departure and doing my best to remember the good times, I can't help but be quite excited for the future.

New manager, new style, new players (?), current players coming good (?).

Albion Mojo - 8/10.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
about a 4.

Been a draining 2nd half of the season and the likely incoming news prob wont lift it much.

Fully expecting to be 7 + come August

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Delighted we survived. Felt like we got away with one. Really sad CH has gone and slightly angry we didn't get a chance for a proper thank you, but very excited if Potter is the 'chosen one'. A very definite style and focus on youth.

8 until Potter is announced....then a 9.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Havent commented elsewhere but I do think Hughton was unlucky. Izquierdo injured most fot he season... both Andone and jahanbaksh started season injured and spent most of season playing catch up and got injured again at key times. Last season we had hardly any injury crises but because of injuries at key times we ended up moving layers around and relying on two older slower players more than we should have.

Having said that Hughton was too cautious too often and theres no point bring creative players if you don't use them as such so perhaps better to twist then stick. And as always we let the fa cup distract us.

My mojo will increase with Potter because we are exactly the right size for him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Reserved 7/10 until a new manager and management team appointment.

Would have been 3/10 with CH tbh even though I am a CH fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely everyone must be over the moon. Next season we'll have a manager who will FORCE Locadia and Ali J to score as many goals as they did in the Eredivisie and we'll finish in the top half playing like Bournemouth!

Well at least he might give them a chance to do what they do best, they absolutely haven’t had that luxury this season

I haven’t forgotten your support of Greg Stanley btw :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd say 8/10

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Low, feel saddened by the way Hughtons departure was handled.

A “by mutual consent” departure, nicely worded, would have been so much better than the nicely worded “he’s shit, but it took us a while to realise” message that came out from the board.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm a 7, whatever that might mean.

Shocked CH has gone and feel desperately sorry for him, didn't want him gone.... but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Its always exciting before a new manager because the possibilities are endless and the dreaming can start

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Think there are workings behind the scenes that probably made Hughton's sacking inevitable, and that papers over the cracks of much of the poor performance through the season. Ashworth wants to make his mark across the entire club and wants someone with him that effectively looks up to him and is thankful for the opportunity, rather than someone who has more experience and know how.

Ashworth is 48 years old, and I fully expect our next manager will be younger, less experienced so that a hierarchy is established.

It may work out, but I'm under no illusions that this present side is more than just a managerial change away from being transformed. Too many seem to believe it will just be a case of flicking a switch, but far from it in my opinion.

Without someone lined up, knowing presently our top targets have very little experience, I'm lucky to be feeling a 3 at this point.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was a Hughton Outer so I'm at an 8 at the moment , 9 if we get our number 1 managerial target.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Compared to when I left on Sunday ie.low, bored, glad it was over, anticipation of many travels next year with the same stuff......it is a million miles away. When can we start again?

af777992253b3ef4e5404d5ec497757c9d92d6a9_large.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where is the " don't give a toss as the next season is 3 months away" option ?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Like most glad we survived but happier the season is over . Never not enjoyed football like that ever . Feels mentally draining just for us fans really need this break from it all . So a 5 at best for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Mediocre 5 ... shocked at the quickness of CH removal though not surprised it was done ... not overly excited or inspired by any of those linked with the job so far just hope its done properly but quickly to end the uncertainty & rumours. Whoever its going to be get them in a.s.a.p so they have the best possible chance to get on with the rebuild & so we can get behind them & get on the transfer rumours instead of managerial rumours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two or three points lower than I was 24 hours ago. I was looking forward to this summer's transfer window, but everything seems much more uncertain now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A 9 for me now, from about a 4 Saturday night. Higher now Hughton has gone. Was very down after the Man City game and I think it was because I felt we were just going to suffer season after season of 16th/17th place playing turgid football forever more until eventually we inevitably dropped back to the Championship.

I am pleased we seem to be showing more ambition than it appeared and I hope the appointment is a success. Would rather we gambled on this than just accepted what we have had this season. If it doesn't work at least we tried.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well at least he might give them a chance to do what they do best, they absolutely haven’t had that luxury this season

I haven’t forgotten your support of Greg Stanley btw :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here