Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Net Wealth, Investment & TB

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FA Cup prize money was 2.295 million plus about 800k in TV fees for rounds 3,4,5 and 6. Don't know what the fee was for the semi-final, if there was one.

These figures don't take account of matchday profits (or losses).

Reached the QF the previous season, so don't think there will be much incremental advantage (especially as in 2018 QF was at Old Trafford instead of The Den).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

Money isn't everything and a persons character is significantly more important. TB has shown over a number of years that he is a thoughtful and calculated individual and will deal with issues in an honourable way, that is more important to me than having a stinking rich owner. I am gutted for CH that he has been dismissed but I trust TB to bring in someone who will take us forward

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Money isn't everything and a persons character is significantly more important. TB has shown over a number of years that he is a thoughtful and calculated individual and will deal with issues in an honourable way, that is more important to me than having a stinking rich owner. I am gutted for CH that he has been dismissed but I trust TB to bring in someone who will take us forward

I think that's what I'm saying?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

this is actually none of your or my business or anybody else on this or any other board.........this is what is wrong with the internet , access to information that people like us have no right to........pull yer head in ...!!! too late now though...!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
this is actually none of your or my business or anybody else on this or any other board.........this is what is wrong with the internet , access to information that people like us have no right to........pull yer head in ...!!! too late now though...!

Given the history of our great club I'd say discussions on the Brighton & Hove Albion FC fans chat site is highly appropriate. Detail isn't but financial stability is, crikey how many Chairman & Owners over the years have said they are buying this and that and the end result was they couldn't afford it.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Given the history of our great club I'd say discussions on the Brighton & Hove Albion FC fans chat site is highly appropriate. Detail isn't but financial stability is, crikey how many Chairman & Owners over the years have said they are buying this and that and the end result was they couldn't afford it.

100% this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does that mean you believe that the vast majority of his wealth comes from Star Lizard?

StarLizard is extraordinary. It’s more like an investment fund than a betting syndicate.

And it is very clever.

I liken it to Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. All those other manufacturers are desperate to get into the factory to see how Wonka does it, but the gates are firmly shut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I wouldn't mind being £10 behind him!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's always strange when people talk about assets, a mate (70 ish) has a nice house in Arundel but refuses to look at it as wealth or future funds, even though he's not financially comfortable in cash terms. It's his house and that's that as far as he sees it, which is fine. This is to the point that he's living in a five bedroom house, previously his family home, alone and would, I'd imagine, be far more comfortable in a nice riverside cottage or flat and £600k+ in the bank!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's always strange when people talk about assets, a mate (70 ish) has a nice house in Arundel but refuses to look at it as wealth or future funds, even though he's not financially comfortable in cash terms. It's his house and that's that as far as he sees it, which is fine. This is to the point that he's living in a five bedroom house, previously his family home, alone and would, I'd imagine, be far more comfortable in a nice riverside cottage or flat and £600k+ in the bank!

Is his name Greg Stanley?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here