Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Net Wealth, Investment & TB

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

Very true but if we got relegated with or without Hughton, Blooms investment would have taken a hit but 300 million would not disappear overnight.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No one really has a clue what TB is worth. I don’t think that changes the point you are making but I find it very, very unlikely that he has put a quarter of his net worth into the club.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Very true but if we got relegated with or without Hughton, Blooms investment would have taken a hit but 300 million would not disappear overnight.

Of course it wouldn't, but repayment would be protracted and the value of Brighton & Hove Albion FC would have dropped overnight. If a business is valued either on revenue or profit both metrics would've seen the value reduce dramatically.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once told it was £5bn with all his assets and property etc but then again somebody who said he was ITK said it was only about £500m, who really knows

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was once told it was £5bn with all his assets and property etc but then again somebody who said he was ITK said it was only about £500m, who really knows

I think the only way you can judge it is by taking the estimates of five or six reputable sources and averaging.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The fact that he manages to stay off the Sunday Times Rich List year after year tells me that he is very good at disguising his new worth. I believe it's at the high end of the estimates.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course it wouldn't, but repayment would be protracted and the value of Brighton & Hove Albion FC would have dropped overnight. If a business is valued either on revenue or profit both metrics would've seen the value reduce dramatically.

Without PL football, TB (if he wanted to) would never be able to recover the £300m.

Buyers never pay such sums for Championship clubs.

None of which matters, TB is here to stay.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bloke in the ESU toilets said it was a billion gazillion , but he'd had a few a think, his piss was clear as water.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The Rich List uses estimates based on visible, tangible assets; shares in companies with valuations, properties, etc. If TB has his money in cash, or private companies, then it doesn't get picked up by the Times Rich List.

As Mike Ashley should know, a club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so I guess it's hard to know what the value of BHAFC currently is :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Rich List uses estimates based on visible, tangible assets; shares in companies with valuations, properties, etc. If TB has his money in cash, or private companies, then it doesn't get picked up by the Times Rich List.

As Mike Ashley should know, a club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so I guess it's hard to know what the value of BHAFC currently is :)

Right answer, most things TB is involved in are not public companies ergo no-one will know the actual values bar himself, his accountant and probably his wife

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Hard to know yes but I "reasonable stab" would be:

Ground Value (if part of same company)
Academy Value
Equipment & Other property
Squad Value
Any rights or IP
A multiple of profit or revenue, less,

Debts, Loans and Other Liabilities

and we know we have people on here with the insight on this. The point wasn't value it was TB's financial commitment and how that impacts on your decision making and why.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Only ever been one POTLESS owner at this club and he used the Wembley 83 Cup Final money to build himself a swimming pool in Marbella in the shape of Eva Bosnia Herzegovina's BOOBS.

This is the perfect time to bring back Dean WIlkins (tight SHORTS) as manager. SEVENTH heaven.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here