Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you be happy if

Would you be happy if Graham Potter was named manager of BHA today?

• Yes

Votes: 128 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 74 31.9%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If it turns out we've sacked CH in order to get Potter in, and he decides to stick with Swansea, are we not going to be looking a bit silly?

Not really. The recruitment team would move onto their next target.

CH wasn't sacked for a specific manager, he was sacked because he wasn't seen as the right fit to take the club to the next 'level' or 'phase' whatever it was. If the team have done their homework it'll be a relatively long shortlist. Bit like buying a new player, I guess...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, but not entirely without reservations. I'd be happy that we've made a quick appointment and that we haven't gone for one of the usual dull suspects but rather for an exciting prospect who likes an attacking, passing style (not unlike Eddie Howe), and excited to see what he could get out of our better players and what he'd look to bring in. The reservations are the obvious ones about lack of experience at this level.

Think this sums up my feelings too

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Maybe lack of experience at this level could work for him? Hughton's PL experience(s) may have worked against him, making him even more cautious than he was at Norwich?

There is probably something to that, it could be seen as a plus. It will all depend on performances and results of course, but Potter would have my 100% backing too if he got the gig.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So much happier if we announced it was Rafa.
So much sadder if we announced it was Frank.

Maybe just meh then.

Basically this. Intrigued to see what he can do, but if I could choose anyone (realistically) then i'd choose Rafa.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really. The recruitment team would move onto their next target.

CH wasn't sacked for a specific manager, he was sacked because he wasn't seen as the right fit to take the club to the next 'level' or 'phase' whatever it was. If the team have done their homework it'll be a relatively long shortlist. Bit like buying a new player, I guess...
Really? When Potter was odds on before half (or more) of us even knew Hughton was gone? You draw your conclusion. I'll draw mine.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would be happier with him being appointed today rather than in 6 weeks time having failed to land preferred options.

Our next manager has to be part of a coherent plan, otherwise we start the season in a worse position.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really? When Potter was odds on before half (or more) of us even knew Hughton was gone? You draw your conclusion. I'll draw mine.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, but it would be pretty foolish of the club to not have a Plan B if Plan A – however likely or 'odds on' it looked – didn't work out. I would imagine they could quite legitimately say that they were 'looking at a number of candidates', even if one was the clear favourite.

I'm not a betting man, but I do agree that the odds indicate that he is most likely to be the new manager. But that's not to say he was the ONLY target, so equally I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be someone completely different.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I would be happier with him being appointed today rather than in 6 weeks time having failed to land preferred options.

Our next manager has to be part of a coherent plan, otherwise we start the season in a worse position.

Yeah. He wouldn't have been my first choice (although I'm not as anti him as I was 24 hours ago), but he obviously is the club's. Therefore I hope we DO get him, as anyone else will be second choice. They'll know it and we'll know it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
There is a much bigger chance, just awaiting the apologies from MR B to seal the deal.

It really would be gain my respect for him and everyone can make a mistake, I was a couple of days late and he backed the wrong horse.

Who knows this could be the time to make up.:kiss:

No chance then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If ANYONE is named 'BHA' manager by the end of today, bearing in mind CH was only sacked yesterday, it could only mean that CH's cards were marked a while back and that there's been much boardroom discussion of possible replacements and drawing up of a shortlist behind closed doors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If ANYONE is named 'BHA' manager by the end of today, bearing in mind CH was only sacked yesterday, it could only mean that CH's cards were marked a while back and that there's been much boardroom discussion of possible replacements and drawing up of a shortlist behind closed doors.

Would you REALLY be shocked?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I trust TB.

If he's appointed someone within the next 10 days, I'll be pretty happy, because I'll feel he's got someone that he wants, and not that he's run out of time and got desperate.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Nervous but I wouldn’t be anti given on what I’ve read about him. I absolutely wouldn’t want Frank Lampard

I respect you have the right to an opinion as this is what NSC is for, is there a reason as to why not? I think he comes across really well and Derby haven't had a bad season for his first one in charge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’d absolutely 100% hope and expect this to be the case. You don’t fire a critical employee without a plan to replace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here