Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you be happy if

Would you be happy if Graham Potter was named manager of BHA today?

• Yes

Votes: 128 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 74 31.9%

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Soooooo.... Hughes? Pulis? Pardew? Martinez? Puel? Ranieri? Laudrup? McCarthy? Warnock? Bruce? O'Neill? McLeish? Lambert? Adkins? Holloway? Redknapp? Moyes? Di Matteo? Keane? Micky Adams? McGhee?

Lots of options...

There's both a Premier League & Champions League winner in that list.

Warnock is a wizard. Puel, Laudrup and Martinez have decent CV's.

And lots of lots of dross.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Darren Moore galvanised West Brom at that level last season.
But I wouldn't want him.

True, but that was at the other end of the scale, no management experience at all.

I do feel your pain, incidentally. This is exactly how I felt when Gus Poyet was sacked, absolute frustration that one of the best things for me about the Albion had been taken away, an end of an era that was so sudden and quite upsetting. His replacement was so uninspiring I couldn't get into the mindset of supporting Albion for the whole season, the likes of Bridcutt, Buckley, Orlandi and Lopez left, and it took CH's Lua Lua inspired start to the 15-16 season for me to get back in my stride.

I can see how people will feel the same about Chris leaving, so I hope we do get a manager who can inspire us, who will work to improve on what CH has built, and bring us all along with him

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
True, but that was at the other end of the scale, no management experience at all.

I do feel your pain, incidentally. This is exactly how I felt when Gus Poyet was sacked, absolute frustration that one of the best things for me about the Albion had been taken away, an end of an era that was so sudden and quite upsetting. His replacement was so uninspiring I couldn't get into the mindset of supporting Albion for the whole season, the likes of Bridcutt, Buckley, Orlandi and Lopez left, and it took CH's Lua Lua inspired start to the 15-16 season for me to get back in my stride.

Felt much the same way...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we get Potter, I guess it’s open for debate as to whether we have a Hyypia or Poyet about to take over...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes I’d be happy with Potter. It’s clear there’s a big change needed. It’s the philosophy and coaching that need addressing. You have to trust that the recruitment team can provide the right type of players and that TB thinks we may well already have some of the right players after all.

If we bring in an attacking coach with new methods the players signed over the last 18 months will have no excuse at all if they fail again. Nor will Winstano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I’d be happy with Potter. It’s clear there’s a big change needed. It’s the philosophy and coaching that need addressing. You have to trust that the recruitment team can provide the right type of players and that TB thinks we may well already have some of the right players after all.

If we bring in an attacking coach with new methods the players signed over the last 18 months will have no excuse at all if they fail again. Nor will Winstano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not got long either. Current form into next season will see us massively adrift at the bottom by Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here