Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
. Played for a big team? Means absolutely **** all when discussing whether he’d make a good manager. Bobby Charlton springs to mind..

I agree and as stated, I don't want him on much the same grounds as you. I was just making the point that I've seen how PR seems to be quite key in how people judge managers.

Daniel Pitcher - NO THANK YOU
Danielle Pitcherino - YES PLEASE.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He has absolutely no track record as a league manager so no surprise that people are wary of him taking over here. Played for a big team? Means absolutely **** all when discussing whether he’d make a good manager. Bobby Charlton springs to mind.

He could be brilliant I agree but I really really don’t want him as our manager, and I’d rather it wasn’t us who took the risk. Try starting out in the lower leagues as most managers do.

Maybe he’s been brilliant with the women’s team but I confess to being totally ignorant and disinterested in women’s football and rugby :shrug:

I’m not calling for Arteta either but I reckon he’d be less of a risk as he has at least been coaching the best club team in the world.

But we've employed an expert, to find our next manager. The same expert who has helped reorganize the FA into a trophy winning conveyor belt.

Sometimes you have to leave your preconceptions at the door and trust the experts.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I agree and as stated, I don't want him on much the same grounds as you. I was just making the point that I've seen how PR seems to be quite key in how people judge managers.

Daniel Pitcher - NO THANK YOU
Danielle Pitcherino - YES PLEASE.

If the extent of Danielle Pitcherino's CV was buying up a local club and bankrolling it with his mates, talking nonsense on national TV and managing a women's national team which is approximately 10th tier of English football kind of level, then how many vowells were on the end of his name would be inconsequential of my opinion that it is absolutely MENTAL to even consider it.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. If appointed, would he be available immediately or only after England have either won or exited the Women's World Cup ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If the extent of Danielle Pitcherino's CV was buying up a local club and bankrolling it with his mates, talking nonsense on national TV and managing a women's national team which is approximately 10th tier of English football kind of level, then how many vowells were on the end of his name would be inconsequential of my opinion that it is absolutely MENTAL to even consider it.

He owns a pet racoon called Seb.

How about now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But we've employed an expert, to find our next manager. The same expert who has helped reorganize the FA into a trophy winning conveyor belt.

Sometimes you have to leave your preconceptions at the door and trust the experts.

Not that we have a choice and I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong but I am currently very anti :shrug:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Is this the same expert who described his job when starting with the Albion, (with the team in a comfortable position just below mid table) as his main role was to make sure that CH stayed in his job for a long time? I don't know about you but in just under 5 months, that manager has gone and one of the experts old FA. buddies is being lined up to take over. Taking this expert at his word, I would say he has started with a failure on his record

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is this the same expert who described his job when starting with the Albion, when in a comfortable position just below mid table, as his main role was to make sure that CH stayed in his job for a long time? I don't know about you but in just under 5 months, that manager has gone and one of his old FA. buddies is being lined up to take over. Taking this expert at his word, I would say he has started with a failure on his record

Or that he has been pursuing his own agenda, not necessarily in line with the clubs???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Is this the same expert who described his job when starting with the Albion, (with the team in a comfortable position just below mid table) as his main role was to make sure that CH stayed in his job for a long time? I don't know about you but in just under 5 months, that manager has gone and one of the experts old FA. buddies is being lined up to take over. Taking this expert at his word, I would say he has started with a failure on his record

Chris blew it all by himself, you can't blame Ashworth.

And of course Neville will be one of his recommendations, he gave him the womens national team role, which he has excelled in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris blew it all by himself, you can't blame Ashworth.

And of course Neville will be one of his recommendations, he gave him the womens national team role, which he has excelled in.

Sold! Sign him up :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here