Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A mate of mine suggested that there's nothing stopping the Albion signing him now to start immediately after the WC.

That delayed appointment has certainly happened before. Just this season, Steve Bruce had a delayed start at Massive as he was on holiday.

The Neville/Ashworth tie-up is not to be dismissed

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sadly it could happen. I think he's a bit meh and average personally. We could do FAR worse but also should be able to do better.

I think the Swansea guy or a number two / youth team head from a big 6 teams (with connections) would be good way forward. Not sure if Arteta would take us on and suspect we might go English anyway.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Would be pretty disappointed if we end up with Neville.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Was he really the 1st choice before Hyppia ? Apparently Bloom and Ashworth are big fans but can’t go for him due to the Womens World Cup this summer.

So says tomorrow’s papers

Thank God for the Women’s World Cup

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the names I've seen mentioned. Jnr was getting very excited about the prospect of Lampard – whose name had been thrown about – but what has he actually done? He was still playing five minutes ago!

I'm all for giving youth and the new breed of managers a chance, but I'd quite like to see someone who's got a BIT of experience of PL management – even if it's as an assistant, watching and learning from the main man.

In short, I'm quite glad I don't have to make the decision... :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’d be up for Neville if it means the team for each game is announced by celebrities in a series of social media video posts.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm rather impressed by the way Neville has been managing the England team, and he's certainly someone who has played at the highest level, been in dressing rooms with big players, in sides playing fantastic attacking football, under a manager renowned as one of the best ever.

It would be a good appointment in my opinion

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the names I've seen mentioned. Jnr was getting very excited about the prospect of Lampard – whose name had been thrown about – but what has he actually done? He was still playing five minutes ago!

I'm all for giving youth and the new breed of managers a chance, but I'd quite like to see someone who's got a BIT of experience of PL management – even if it's as an assistant, watching and learning from the main man.

In short, I'm quite glad I don't have to make the decision... :lol:

Don't get the Lampard thing at all, we did 'nice guy' with CH, he's had a mixed first season at Derby just limping over the play off line with an expensive squad and is wholly unproven as a manager.

A big no for Neville as well!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I'm rather impressed by the way Neville has been managing the England team, and he's certainly someone who has played at the highest level, been in dressing rooms with big players, in sides playing fantastic attacking football, under a manager renowned as one of the best ever.

It would be a good appointment in my opinion

But he has no managerial experience at the top level whatsoever.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
All the charisma of a plank. Would be mightily pissed off if we ended up with him.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
My hopes are that we go for Eddie Howe, while acknowledging that I don’t know whether he’d want to leave Bmuff for us.

Plenty of talk about Lampard being an option but if we went down that route i’d rather we go for Stevie Gerrard.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My hopes are that we go for Eddie Howe, while acknowledging that I don’t know whether he’d want to leave Bmuff for us.

Plenty of talk about Lampard being an option but if we went down that route i’d rather we go for Stevie Gerrard.

Yes, Howe would do me nicely too. However, very little chance of getting him away from BMuff. Are infrastructure maybe be better but their owner seems to have long pockets.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Eddie Howe won't leave Bournemouth for anyone except a top six side. Why would he?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Gerrard would be a good option for me, he’s done tremendous work at Rangers but will almost certainly want to stay to take on Celtic next season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here