Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This thread is very similar to those from December 2014 when Chris was being linked, the same sort of negative comments which were all wrong (until the end).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This thread is very similar to those from December 2014 when Chris was being linked, the same sort of negative comments which were all wrong (until the end).
Doubt it. Hughton was/is a safe pair of hands. Phil Neville is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Chris blew it all by himself, you can't blame Ashworth.

And of course Neville will be one of his recommendations, he gave him the womens national team role, which he has excelled in.

So he didn't have any input to help CH during these months that he was supposed to be helping CH keep his job then. So what was he doing during this time that we went down hill so dramatically

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Bollocks! that thread was no where near THIS negative. CH clearly had pedigree, PN has very, very little. Even the negative voices back then tempered opinions with the fact that CH had performed extremely well in the Championship irrespective of his end with Norwich in the PL...

PN can't hold a candle to CH, in any way shape or form. If he wins the WC with the women's team, then that put's him at notch one of the CH scale, of about 10 notches.

You have to be having a laugh with that comparison, have to be.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Bollocks! that thread was no where near THIS negative. CH clearly had pedigree, PN has very, very little. Even the negative voices back then tempered opinions with the fact that CH had performed extremely well in the Championship irrespective of his end with Norwich in the PL...

PN can't hold a candle to CH, in any way shape or form. If he wins the WC with the women's team, then that put's him at notch one of the CH scale, of about 10 notches.

You have to be having a laugh with that comparison, have to be.

Go and have a look.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Go and have a look.

I will, but I can't recall it being so disparaging, especially given where we were at that point, post the Sami revolution :/

Can I ask, are you serious re suggesting PN deserves a chance to be our manager based on his post retirement coaching career? I'd really like to understand what your expectations would be. If it's to survive ermmm just, then why have we bothered replacing CH? if it's to surge up to 10th or better, are you seriously expecting PN to have the nous to make that a reality?

I'm intrigued by this one. Potter I can kind of see as 50/50 in the potential success vs likely failure stakes, but PN has to be more 20/80... or do you have more faith?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Doubt it. Hughton was/is a safe pair of hands. Phil Neville is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You're entitled to your opinion. I thought Southgate was a joke before he got the England job. Fortunately Ashworth thought otherwise.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The account has 20k followers, it's not just some random troll

In fairness, 18k folloers were probably bought.

Several 100 new followers are Albion fans.

The account name is LiveTransferNew (no s), FFS!

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I will, but I can't recall it being so disparaging, especially given where we were at that point, post the Sami revolution :/

Can I ask, are you serious re suggesting PN deserves a chance to be our manager based on his post retirement coaching career? I'd really like to understand what your expectations would be. If it's to survive ermmm just, then why have we bothered replacing CH? if it's to surge up to 10th or better, are you seriously expecting PN to have the nous to make that a reality?

I'm intrigued by this one. Potter I can kind of see as 50/50 in the potential success vs likely failure stakes, but PN has to be more 20/80... or do you have more faith?

Honestly, I don't know. But I'm willing to trust someone who is very highly regarded and whose job it is to know these things.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Honestly, I don't know. But I'm willing to trust someone who is very highly regarded and whose job it is to know these things.

My biggest worry is that PN has a very decent group of women from which to build his current (excellent) England team - I'm not sure our squad is at the same level comparatively speaking... the job (England), although not easy was/is hardly a poisoned chalice. I agree he's done well to calm the waters post the mess he inherited, and as such has been a great ambassador for the FA. I can therefore see why certain people would favour him as a man... That said, I can't accept he's ready for this one, based on his actual management experience thus far and the need for us to hit the ground running in a division we really struggled to stay in this season gone. He needs to get recruitment spot on, something he (again) lacks actual experience of and there is so much more to day to day management of the players as a club manager.

I'm not deliberately being negative about the two reported candidates, but both worry me in equal measure.

Who would be better?!? I don't pretend to know. It's also worth pointing out the PN might not be interested... what happens then is, I guess, even more worrying.

Overall it's not great really, is it?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’ve never thought Neville was in the running.

The connection is a lazy one, because of Ashworth.

Secondly if your going to sack your manager the day after the season ends so you can get one in place quickly your not going to appoint someone who has a job till mid July

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

This

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe Neville IS being lined up for the Brighton job. The Brighton WOMEN'S job.

...freeing up Hope Powell for the senior men's first team job. ???

Makes sense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here