Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Neville can do one :)

Mmmm.... he has come along(bottom) somewhat.

nev.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Isn’t that what being a football fan is about? Frankly I’m happy respecting anyone’s opinion as it’s personal to them, doesn’t mean I have to agree with them though does it?

Tell me - are you both [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] happy at the prospect? Brimming with enthusiasm? Ecstatic and eager for the season to begin if he were appointed?

It would have 100x the personality.

This. Again.

Tell you what Barham's Tash, can I just outsource my posting to you? What's your position on Brexit?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Isn’t that what being a football fan is about? Frankly I’m happy respecting anyone’s opinion as it’s personal to them, doesn’t mean I have to agree with them though does it?

Tell me - are you both [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] happy at the prospect? Brimming with enthusiasm? Ecstatic and eager for the season to begin if he were appointed?

It would have 100x the personality.

Not really. He doesn’t excite me, and I can’t see why we would sack a manager as experienced as Hughton and replace him with someone as inexperienced as Neville. But Bloom went after Ashworth for a reason, and if between the two of them they think that Phil Neville is the man to take us forward, then that’s good enough for me, he’ll have my backing.

Nobody on here knows anything about Neville’s managerial ability at all. Just because he comes across as a bit of a dullard (sounds familiar eh) doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a good manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The vitriol for Phil Neville is really weird. He doesn't have a load of managerial experience so he's not my first choice. But there's some things about him which make me think it wouldn't be a bad choice, and it's hard to see why people are being so extreme against him, unless it's a few dodgy performances at left back for England 20 years ago :shrug:

That penalty he gave away v Romania hardly looks good on the CV.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not really. He doesn’t excite me, and I can’t see why we would sack a manager as experienced as Hughton and replace him with someone as inexperienced as Neville. But Bloom went after Ashworth for a reason, and if between the two of them they think that Phil Neville is the man to take us forward, then that’s good enough for me, he’ll have my backing.

Nobody on here knows anything about Neville’s managerial ability at all. Just because he comes across as a bit of a dullard (sounds familiar eh) doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a good manager.

Thanks for answering and I can respect your school of thought but I’ll take umbrage with your final point and say that I never saw CH as a dullard. Perhaps known for dull football but not a dullard per se. He had integrity, charisma, feeling and empathy. Some very important traits to be well respected and in my eyes Neville doesn’t necessarily have any of those.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks for answering and I can respect your school of thought but I’ll take umbrage with your final point and say that I never saw CH as a dullard. Perhaps known for dull football but not a dullard per se. He had integrity, charisma, feeling and empathy. Some very important traits to be well respected and in my eyes Neville doesn’t necessarily have any of those.

I agree Chris Hughton is no dullard, but I would never say he was Charismatic. His pre and post match interviews were always measured, repetitive and dull. We take the piss on this forum for his lack of expression, a fist pump after a goal is the most demonstrative he ever gets.

They say the style of a team reflects the manager, and we all saw how grim that was.

I admit theat Phil Neville the player bored me silly, but the team he coaches, from the limited amount I’ve seen, play fast attacking football, and he isn’t afraid to speak his mind in interviews. He’s no Jurgen Klopp, he doesnt coach heavy metal football, but nor is he the beige ar vu, half decent left back of 20 years ago. He strikes me as a Gareth Southgate type. Intelligent, articulate, sensible, and more charismatic than Chris Hughton.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Not saying is correct but the image of the leader of our gang is important to football fans
Phil Neville is no King of Cool

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree Chris Hughton is no dullard, but I would never say he was Charismatic. His pre and post match interviews were always measured, repetitive and dull. We take the piss on this forum for his lack of expression, a fist pump after a goal is the most demonstrative he ever gets.

They say the style of a team reflects the manager, and we all saw how grim that was.

This trope on here that Hughton's sometimes (but not always) bland pre and post match interviews were somehow responsible for what happened on the pitch is come off it, ridiculous.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Stumpy Tim

Having read about Phil Neville as a coach, I'm coming round to him. He may have been a liability as England left-back, and have a terribly dull voice, but he is well respected and appears to have done a good job wherever he's been. I'm not saying he's my personal favourite for the job, but he has decent references and if Ashworth rates him I'm happy with that.

He's also clearly not afraid to make tough decisions. as his dropping of Fara Wiliams illustrates.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This trope on here that Hughton's sometimes (but not always) bland pre and post match interviews were somehow responsible for what happened on the pitch is come off it, ridiculous.

The man is hardly Churchillian. But our often improved second half performances prove he could rouse the team into action.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Long time lurker.. just have to say that Phil Neville would be a calamitous appointment all round. And if he were appointment I'd have severe misgivings about Dan Ashworth's judgement going forward.

It's true that Graham Potter being appointed would also carry some risk (as would any manager), but he does have years of experience of being the number one man at a club and managing in various leagues/big games etc. Womans football, I'm sorry is not on the same level as of yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here