Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ian Wright slams Hughton's tactics

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Ian Wright pointed out a few home truths about Hughton on 5 live tonight. That should put pay to those trying to play the race card,

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So was he making a point about today’s announcement being the correct decision by TB ?

Totally. As good as suggesting that he has ruined Solly, Knocky, AJ, Dunk and Duffy.

Last edited:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Really? I thought he was saying we have some good players but the good defenders were always under siege and the good attackers weren't made the most of.

He said, in so manmy words, we have some good players who had suffered due to Hughton's tactics, unable to play their natural game. may be ruined is too strong an expression.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ian Wright pointed out a few home truths about Hughton on 5 live tonight. That should put pay to those trying to play the race card,

This.

And, once again, hats off to Wrighty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that arsed by what he says ....the race thing was crap and most people know it

Agree, but pleasing to see someone, in a position, not jumping on the fake news horse and galloping off into the sunset of their own bum hole, as several have done.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'm quite impressed by the integrity of Ian Wright. The vast majority of pundits or journalists were highly critical of Hughton whilst in charge, but there are very few who continue to stand by what they said at the time. Ian Wright is one of that minority, I actually respect that. He's admitted to being quite torn about whether or not he thinks Hughton's sacking was called for.

A lot of the other pundits who slated what they described as Hughton's brand of "anti-football" at the time are now being quite hypocritical in their coverage of Hughton's dismissal.
For what its worth I'm gutted that Chris has gone, but I'm also quite irritated about the two-faced nature of the coverage that the club's actions are receiving.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm quite impressed by the integrity of Ian Wright. The vast majority of pundits or journalists were highly critical of Hughton whilst in charge, but there are very few who continue to stand by what they said at the time. Ian Wright is one of that minority, I actually respect that. He's admitted to being quite torn about whether or not he thinks Hughton's sacking was called for.

A lot of the other pundits who slated what they described as Hughton's brand of "anti-football" at the time are now being quite hypocritical in their coverage of Hughton's dismissal.
For what its worth I'm gutted that Chris has gone, but I'm also quite irritated about the two-faced nature of the coverage that the club's actions are receiving.

Yep, hilarious isn't it. The very same twats slating our football are now claiming we have made a fatal error in dismissing the man who facilitated it.

Definitely have respect for Wright, he could so easily have joined the Chris love-in or even gone down the BAME route. He has stood by to his opinion, which is a cross-section of BHA fan opinion - split.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He said, in so manmy words, we have some good players who had suffered due to Hughton's tactics, unable to play their natural game. may be ruined is too strong an expression.

not sure what Duffy's natural game is, if its not the one he's played these years under Hughton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree, but pleasing to see someone, in a position, not jumping on the fake news horse and galloping off into the sunset of their own bum hole, as several have done.

Having now listened to the relevant section of the show i’ll Take back what I said earlier...he indeed gives a more balanced view than the thread title suggests
Ps have we really spent £140m on transfers these past two seasons?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Having now listened to the relevant section of the show i’ll Take back what I said earlier...he indeed gives a more balanced view than the thread title suggests
Ps have we really spent £140m on transfers these past two seasons?

Aye, it seems so, near enough. If you include youth teamers etc.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He often talks a lot of sense, including in that example. Doesn't jump on bandwagons but has his own opinion it seems.

Why his ex-partner Brighty is anywhere near media is beyond me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here