Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So with your Tony Bloom 'ruthless' head on...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...and given we want to improve, consolidate, and play a more attacking style of football - who stays and who goes from the current squad?

It almost goes without saying that TB is going to give the new manager funds for reinforcements after such a big call.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let's try hanging onto Duffy and Dunk for starters, surely a major concern.

If I had my Tony Bloom "ruthless" head on, I'd be telling Duffy that if he wants to stay he needs to sort his shit out off the pitch. If fact even if he wants to go, he still needs to sort it out, if he wants the career his talent warrants.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
...and given we want to improve, consolidate, and play a more attacking style of football - who stays and who goes from the current squad?

It almost goes without saying that TB is going to give the new manager funds for reinforcements after such a big call.

Who stays and goes is surely up to the new manager. He may be able to get a tune out of Ali J or Locadia.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
lets see how the new manager lets the players express themselves first before getting rid of any. The squad's not big enough to lose too many.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

With my ruthless head on, I would leave the decisions about players to Mr Ashworth and the new manager. It's what they are there for..

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Incidentally on AJ, I wonder if anyone has ever been the top scorer in a major european league, moved in the summer, and scored no goals the next season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Incidentally on AJ, I wonder if anyone has ever been the top scorer in a major european league, moved in the summer, and scored no goals the next season.

I’ll take a punt at No.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
lets see how the new manager lets the players express themselves first before getting rid of any. The squad's not big enough to lose too many.

Then when we are bottom of the league by November, have a re-think..#Sami Hyypiä

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to know what the business is that the players deferred sorting out until after the season end, as referred to in the Sidwell WhatsApp group story.

If the goal is to simply finish higher than the 3 that are coming up we might get away with replacing 3 1st XI and 3 bench players but getting up to midtable you could increase those numbers to 5 and 4. To do the latter we'd need to sell well.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

Diego Forlan?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd like to know what the business is that the players deferred sorting out until after the season end, as referred to in the Sidwell WhatsApp group story.

If the goal is to simply finish higher than the 3 that are coming up we might get away with replacing 3 1st XI and 3 bench players but getting up to midtable you could increase those numbers to 5 and 4. To do the latter we'd need to sell well.

I missed this.
What's that about?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The players are all on holiday now until July 1st, so he's going to have to delay making decisions unless Ashworth/Bloom/Barber tell him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If I had my Tony Bloom "ruthless" head on, I'd be telling Duffy that if he wants to stay he needs to sort his shit out off the pitch. If fact even if he wants to go, he still needs to sort it out, if he wants the career his talent warrants.

I have heard a few things about Duffys' off pitch antics. It sounds like he is no Tony Bloom thats for sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here