Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Objective but passionate

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ajax want Propper and will pay decent money, I for one wouldn't stand in his way.
    Conversely I'd be devastated if we got a manager like Potter in, and the one player who stood to flourish most in the new system, had just left.
    Stand or Fall

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      If Ajax want Propper and will pay decent money, I for one wouldn't stand in his way.
      Yeah me neither.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista

0 Not allowed!
      By all accounts Ajax are sitting on an absolute fortune (£250m already) from the players they have sold - only likely to be boosted further with De Jong off to Barca for £75m, and whatever De Ligt goes for, probably similar. No top player wants to play in the Eredivisie, they can't spend it! So they would probably give Propper whatever he wanted to go back.
      "There's an African proverb that has stuck with me...if you think you're too small to make a difference, then you've never spent a night with a mosquito"

1 Not allowed!
      Would look for replacements for;

AJ
      Locadia
      Kayal

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      This is a pragmatic view from Rosenior https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...king-1-8925921

Rosenior said: "First and foremost I can only say good things about Chris Hughton. As a manager he's been outstanding wherever he's been and as a person he's had the biggest influence on me in terms of how to conduct yourself as a professional - whether that's as a player, a coach or a manager.

"Whatever he does next he'll be a success.

"In terms of what happened today, it was a sad day for the club and a sad day for the chairman to have to make the decision.

"It was a sad day for the staff. For four years there was an unbelievable relationship between everyone at the football club.

"Over the last six months there's been a staleness in performance and we've only won three in 23. It's a very difficult stage for the football club - a football club that has been in the Premier League for two years and now the natural question is 'what's next?'.
      And those words on Sky Sports' The Debate were followed by Dion Dublin and Emma Hayes speaking from positions of utter ignorance - the same old "Who do Brighton think they are?" stuff that has been trotted out over the past 24 hours from people who haven't seen a single second of any of our games.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

0 Not allowed!
      And those words on Sky Sports' The Debate were followed by Dion Dublin and Emma Hayes speaking from positions of utter ignorance - the same old "Who do Brighton think they are?" stuff that has been trotted out over the past 24 hours from people who haven't seen a single second of any of our games.
      Yep and not forgetting the criticism he got from the MOTD pundits. Sad decision to have to make but we weren't rated by them and we would have been made relegation favourites by everyone next season anyway.

We even ended up being the one team that was refereed to as a team that would not be missed so all these things add up towards having to make a decision. Bloom isn't a charity for nice people and when people say we are in our place and should be grateful as a club, it raises a challenge and he is making a statement that we do actually want to compete in the Prem.

2 Not allowed!
      The equation changes for me with the new manager situation. Whoever he is, he will want his own players to implement his ideas.

Whilst it's impossible to be definitive on this until we know who is appointed, I think he will start by planning
      1. who he will want in his starting 11 from existing players
      2. then recruit for the 'missing' starters
      3. then decide who will make the squad and by definition who he will move on.

For 1. my choice would be only
      Ryan
      Duffy
      Dunk
      Bernardo
      Bissouma
      March

so recruit 5.

All the while juggling the available budget.

We've progressed the last few years by evolution: this summer will be different. There's not much point recruiting squad players no better than the ones we have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Harry!Harry!Harry!
      Brighton v Crystal Palace
      Games won: 40
      Games drawn: 25
      Games lost: 36

0 Not allowed!

WTF is that effort from Sam Cunningham in the i all about today?
      I don't want a signature.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Betfair Bozo View Post
      WTF is that effort from Sam Cunningham in the i all about today?
      To be fair, they have an alternative view from another journalist Daniel Storey yesterday.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/p...y-bloom-right/

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
      With my ruthless head on, I would leave the decisions about players to Mr Ashworth and the new manager. It's what they are there for..
      ...and I wouldn't rely on Lizard-like algorithms when deciding who to sign.