Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Poll Of The Season! The Players!

Who is good enough?

• Ryan

Votes: 224 86.8%
  • Button

Votes: 88 34.1%
  • Steele

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Dunk

Votes: 251 97.3%
  • Duffy

Votes: 247 95.7%
  • Burn

Votes: 151 58.5%
  • Balogun

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Bong

Votes: 130 50.4%
  • Bernardo

Votes: 237 91.9%
  • Montoya

Votes: 132 51.2%
  • Stephens

Votes: 130 50.4%
  • Kayal

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Propper

Votes: 186 72.1%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 242 93.8%
  • Gross

Votes: 185 71.7%
  • March

Votes: 233 90.3%
  • Knockaert

Votes: 153 59.3%
  • Izquierdo

Votes: 143 55.4%
  • Jahanbakhsh

Votes: 76 29.5%
  • Locadia

Votes: 64 24.8%
  • Murray

Votes: 128 49.6%
  • Andone

Votes: 166 64.3%

• Total voters

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Most of those players are worthy of squad places but which are first team starters ? Kayal is a good example, will always ‘do a job’ if called upon but not a regular starter.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
100 votes up and my bedtime.
Dunk - 99 votes.
Duffy - 98
Yves - 94
Bernardo and March - 90
Ryan - 87...
But apart from those seriously heavy hitters? Not much.
Maybe Hughton wasn't so bad....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this poll is spot on, and underlines the point that it is time to ditch a couple of our big money flops and some of our Championship team that have reached their natural level.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think this poll is spot on, and underlines the point that it is time to ditch a couple of our big money flops and some of our Championship team that have reached their natural level.

It is very interesting. A clear top 6 which I agree with entirely and shows we have got a strong nucleous to build around. Personally I also think you can add Propper when played in the right position and system, Izquierdo when fully fit and Andone when given a proper run. Knockaert and Montoya not far off too.

We’re honestly not far away from having a good, exciting team to watch. I firmly believe CH held us back and whilst this is a sad day in many ways, I also think it could be a big step forward for us.

I don’t think we need to buy in quantity this summer, just quality. We desperately need younger, more mobile and better upgrades on Stephens and Murray so if we’re going to spend circa £60 - £70 million again I would hope we spend £30 million on each of those two players and then get a cheap/free right back as competition/back up for Montoya.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019

Good thing you don't make those types of decisions then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It is very interesting. A clear top 6 which I agree with entirely and shows we have got a strong nucleous to build around. Personally I also think you can add Propper when played in the right position and system, Izquierdo when fully fit and Andone when given a proper run. Knockaert and Montoya not far off too.

We’re honestly not far away from having a good, exciting team to watch. I firmly believe CH held us back and whilst this is a sad day in many ways, I also think it could be a big step forward for us.

I don’t think we need to buy in quantity this summer, just quality. We desperately need younger, more mobile and better upgrades on Stephens and Murray so if we’re going to spend circa £60 - £70 million again I would hope we spend £30 million on each of those two players and then get a cheap/free right back as competition/back up for Montoya.

Needed- right back, striker.
Could do with- CM, winger.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Need another decent goalkeeper as cover/competition for Ryan - I suggest Neil Etheridge, Cardiff and then we'd have Ryan, Walton and Etheridge

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Oof - some harsh voting going on here. Kayal on 33%? Murray below 50%?

More than half of the people who have voted don't think FFS is good enough? Jesus wept.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Good enough" is very subjective because it doesn't take account of "the bench option".

Take Glenn Murray. Next year he's not likely to be capable of performing 90 minutes x 38 games, however Murray as a finisher is clearly good enough for the Premier League.

We know his deficiencies restrict our options and restrict the players around him; however, with 20 minutes to go he'll be able to channel all of his energy into a short period of time and if he gets an opportunity he's more likely than any other striker to bury it. Getting rid of Murray would be madness. If we brought in a young striker then imagine how much Glenn could teach him about the art of the centre forward. In terms of winning free-kicks and being in the right place at the right time he's probably the best Albion striker I've ever seen.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Izzy less than half. He would have been right up there last season. Gross would have been close to 100% too

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not much nuance here.

Murray is good enough for the squad, but not to start/be main striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here