Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but remind me in Murray's excellent career when he scored more goals in the top flight than under Hughton? Did Smuggy make him better, he had him as a 31 year old?
    I'm not sure how that's relevant here? I was merely responding to edna's comment that the majority of players she'd listed as decent Bournemouth players had all be bought from the Lower Leagues and improved to the point they were now considered to be decent Premier League players...

Quote Originally Posted by edna krababappel
    Looking at other clubs around us, Bournemouth would have clubs chasing Wilson, Brooks, Ake, Fraser, whilst they'd sell Josh King easily enough.
    PURA VIDA MAE

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tedebear View Post
      I think this is the risk that Bloom is now taking..that the team are good enough without CH to stay up, I think CH has kept a Championship team in the PL for 2 seasons, thats obviously not cutting the mustard anymore...Bloom wouldn't be making the decision thinking we'll go down before we build a squad again to stay in the PL, so he must be banking on the fact that someone else can get good football out of them...Or has plans to spend more...
      or both!

0 Not allowed!
      We were very well drilled in defence but not so well drilled in the final third. Players not making the right decisions, which happened far too often, could be down to quality of player or down to the manager and his team not coaching the best out of them.

I think it is very important to remember that it wasn't just Hughton that left so Bloom clearly lost confidence with Trollope and Nevin and the whole coaching system that Chris was in charge of too. I know absolutely nothing about modern training methods but I can imagine that he was very much old school rather than innovative.

Who knows if it wasn't his right hand men that let him down in some shape or form because I think the clue is in three people going not just one.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ View Post
      I'm not sure how that's relevant here? I was merely responding to edna's comment that the majority of players she'd listed as decent Bournemouth players had all be bought from the Lower Leagues and improved to the point they were now considered to be decent Premier League players...
      So in your eyes the likes of Duffy, Dunk, March, Knockeart, Gross, Murray, Stephens haven't improved under Hughton? Are they not all considered decent PL players that would be all be sold for handsome sums over what we paid for them? Didn't Kayal cost under £1m? Murray has more goals than Josh King and Howe didn't think Murray was good enough for the Premier League. Brooks cost £10m, he was Premier League regardless of whatever coaching Howe has given over the last 9 months.

0 Not allowed!
      There have been games this season where we've been at home and under pressure to get a win - so a huge onus on us to attack - and our players ended up playing like they'd forgotten how to score goals.

I believe that we have a core of a decent side but recruitment is key. March needs someone behind him to take on more defensive responsibility to free him up to break into the penalty area - he has wonderful feet. Bissouma is still raw but there's real intent there. Duffy, Dunk, Ryan and Bernardo are Prem quality, while others like Stephens, Andone, Burn still have an important part to play.
      "Still a long way short of a batting bonus point "
      Members
      born and bred in Eastbourne but now live in West Midlands

0 Not allowed!
      Solly good winger Andone and Locadia showed glimpses of good attackers Stephens and gross can be great at times a.j not sure yet, biss has good potential dunk and Duffy of course so yes some good players there
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Whenever we’ve been a further 5-10 yards up the pitch we look so much better hopefully the new man will have us pressing and our default position will not be so deep and passive

0 Not allowed!
      Murrays stats are 'good' but when you're the only player contracted to be allowed to shoot. . . .or hit the target without being dropped!

Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Sorry, but remind me in Murray's excellent career when he scored more goals in the top flight than under Hughton? Did Smuggy make him better, he had him as a 31 year old?
      It's all a load of bollocks

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      There have been games this season where we've been at home and under pressure to get a win - so a huge onus on us to attack - and our players ended up playing like they'd forgotten how to score goals.

I believe that we have a core of a decent side but recruitment is key. March needs someone behind him to take on more defensive responsibility to free him up to break into the penalty area - he has wonderful feet. Bissouma is still raw but there's real intent there. Duffy, Dunk, Ryan and Bernardo are Prem quality, while others like Stephens, Andone, Burn still have an important part to play.
      I agree about all the players you mention, that’s a core of PL class players, but I’m not sure about Andone who often appears lazy and goes missing in matches (for an athlete in his prime).

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the players you haven’t mentioned sidelined or sold.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ View Post
      I find it kind of baffling how dismissive people are of the quality of our squad!

We have a lot of good players! My personal belief is that they just lacked good enough coaching to develop them into a cohesive team with a tactical plan. Additionally at an individual level I don't think we've seen enough improvement in movement, decision making and technique. Good coaching should improve players individually, and as a team we should aim to be functioning as more than the sum of our parts.

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the players weren't / aren't good enough. Good enough for what? To play a rigid 4-5-1 with 10 men in our own half? Try giving them some decent coaching and an actual tactical plan and see what happens.
      No - the squad isnt good enough especially in attacking positions - we desperately need pace added