Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

Does anyone else think we have good players?

24 Not allowed!
    I find it kind of baffling how dismissive people are of the quality of our squad!

We have a lot of good players! My personal belief is that they just lacked good enough coaching to develop them into a cohesive team with a tactical plan. Additionally at an individual level I don't think we've seen enough improvement in movement, decision making and technique. Good coaching should improve players individually, and as a team we should aim to be functioning as more than the sum of our parts.

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the players weren't / aren't good enough. Good enough for what? To play a rigid 4-5-1 with 10 men in our own half? Try giving them some decent coaching and an actual tactical plan and see what happens.
    PURA VIDA MAE

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Was actually going to do a poll on this but felt it was overkill.

I wonder how many people think we have a) better players than our performances suggest b) worse players than our performances suggest or c) players about the same as our performances suggest?
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

5 Not allowed!
      I think this is the risk that Bloom is now taking..that the team are good enough without CH to stay up, I think CH has kept a Championship team in the PL for 2 seasons, thats obviously not cutting the mustard anymore...Bloom wouldn't be making the decision thinking we'll go down before we build a squad again to stay in the PL, so he must be banking on the fact that someone else can get good football out of them...Or has plans to spend more...
      Yes I'm bored...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      We have a competitive squad to give most sides a good game on our day. We could realistically expected to be anywhere between 10th and 20th next season the key being consistency

0 Not allowed!
      Daniel Storey on the totally football show seems to think we have the players to change to a more attacking system.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I find it kind of baffling how dismissive people are of the quality of our squad!

We have a lot of good players! My personal belief is that they just lacked good enough coaching to develop them into a cohesive team with a tactical plan. Additionally at an individual level I don't think we've seen enough improvement in movement, decision making and technique. Good coaching should improve players individually, and as a team we should aim to be functioning as more than the sum of our parts.

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the players weren't / aren't good enough. Good enough for what? To play a rigid 4-5-1 with 10 men in our own half? Try giving them some decent coaching and an actual tactical plan and see what happens.
      You only need to look at Sterling for Man City diffrent player under Gladiola

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightn'ove View Post
      Daniel Storey on the totally football show seems to think we have the players to change to a more attacking system.
      I do love me some AC Jimbo!
      PURA VIDA MAE

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      You only need to look at Sterling for Man City diffrent player under Gladiola
      Or the progression of Brooks compared to Solly March

I really hope, whoever the new man in charge is able to help Solly fulfil his potential - most naturally gifted player at the club! Just needs guidance and good coaching to improve his decision making.
      PURA VIDA MAE
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think we have a lot of moody players especially up top
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

17 Not allowed!
      I agree with the legend Kerry Mayo who said: we should be able to reach mid table with this squad.

The trouble is getting the players to really believe it, as CH has shot the belief to shit with his constant talk of our level and who we can and (mostly) canít compete with.

The polar opposite of a positive mental attitude.

No wonder we looked lost. Itís a bit like leaping into bed with a woman and Chris pops out of the wardrobe to remind you youíre lucky to be here, especially with that between your legs, keep it tight and try not to blow your load too quickly...

FFS Chris, iíll get my coat.

Performance anxiety, itís a killer.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.