Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today was a lesson in business management and ownership!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
You only have to look at the way TB marginalised Dick Knight to know he’s not afraid of the big decisions.

Expect this one will have ruminated for a while and may sting a bit but all I do know is you don’t become someone capable of dropping £300m into a football club without backing your own decision making process.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloom is an intensely analytical, and very successful businessman and will make decisions like this all the time. Might seem dramatic but it’s hardly unusual. Today was absolutely the right day to do it if he was going to wait until the end of the season - gives maximum time to get a new man in before the window opens and before the season starts. I suspect if we’d gone down CH would have stayed too.

Just surprised it wasn’t communicated as a ‘mutual consent’ thing bearing in mind how the club usually operate - can only think this was an option offered to CH and he said ‘no, if you want me out you’ll have to fire me’ (which could be for reasons of pride, money or stubbornness, we’ll never know).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bloom is an intensely analytical, and very successful businessman and will make decisions like this all the time. Might seem dramatic but it’s hardly unusual. Today was absolutely the right day to do it if he was going to wait until the end of the season - gives maximum time to get a new man in before the window opens and before the season starts. I suspect if we’d gone down CH would have stayed too.

Just surprised it wasn’t communicated as a ‘mutual consent’ thing bearing in mind how the club usually operate - can only think this was an option offered to CH and he said ‘no, if you want me out you’ll have to fire me’ (which could be for reasons of pride, money or stubbornness, we’ll never know).

Well said.

Bloom might have wanted to be upfront and make it clear that it was ultimately his decision. Equally CH might have wanted it to be clear that he didn’t have a choice.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Is it different for football managers in that they don't have certain rights? To get sacked from a normal job means doing something really bad, or at least not reaching agreed targets. Did he get a verbal warning, then a written, final one that his employment would be terminated?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is it different for football managers in that they don't have certain rights? To get sacked from a normal job means doing something really bad, or at least not reaching agreed targets. Did he get a verbal warning, then a written, final one that his employment would be terminated?

No. He got a pay off to go quietly

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Football players and managers are all contractors so as long as the contract is paid up then no need for the warnings etc.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well as to timing it is probably better than dismissing Poyet when on live TV. We have form.

No we don’t. Do you really believe this pack of lies?

Why do people have so little faith in Tony Bloom when such big decisions are made?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here