Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New signings and their implementation into the starting 11...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Was this one of the key factors for Hughton being let go? I think even the most staunch defenders of the club acknowledge that we need serious investment in the squad to compete next season taking into account our recent performances. But whenever new signings were made during CH's reign, they were eased to the starting 11 very slowly and he generally stuck with 'the old guard' for 1-2 months at least, maybe until he could mould them defensively?! Could we afford to stick with much of the same team at the start of next season and be playing catch up? Perhaps this was a factor that came into Bloom's thinking when making the commitment to spend more on the playing budget - which I presume he will do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was this one of the key factors for Hughton being let go? I think even the most staunch defenders of the club acknowledge that we need serious investment in the squad to compete next season taking into account our recent performances. But whenever new signings were made during CH's reign, they were eased to the starting 11 very slowly and he generally stuck with 'the old guard' for 1-2 months at least, maybe until he could mould them defensively?! Could we afford to stick with much of the same team at the start of next season and be playing catch up? Perhaps this was a factor that came into Bloom's thinking when making the commitment to spend more on the playing budget - which I presume he will do.
I wouldn't be so sure.

I'd hazard a guess the easiest way to get Chris' job would be providing Mr Bloom and Mr Barber forensic detail on exactly how you'd get VFM from all the signings over the last 18 months.

If you can convince them of that, the job will be yours.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wouldn't be so sure.

I'd hazard a guess the easiest way to get Chris' job would be providing Mr Bloom and Mr Barber forensic detail on exactly how you'd get VFM from all the signings over the last 18 months.

If you can convince them of that, the job will be yours.

This!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So I wonder how our other signings are thinking

PErcy the God Tau
The Argentinian Scottish bloke who wants to play for Boca Juniors
The Romanian guy
Equadorian guy who played in Spain?

I assume those were not in the new ex England guy's plans?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here