Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Paul Hayward Article in Telegraph

1 Not allowed!
    Paul Hayward has written an article in today's 'Telegraph' looking at the context of Chris Hughton's sacking.

According to him, sources close to the coaching staff claim that Lewis Dunk, Shane Duffy and Glenn Murray will be sorry to see Chris go. However other players have 'pursued personal agendas' and been less than supportive of the manager.

Shouldn't speculate should we...oh go on then!
    'And I was only 0.5 miles from West Sussex' (with apologies to Burt Bacharach

• North Stand Chat

advertising

10 Not allowed!
      Okay so Glenn loves him for the fact he was in his pocket.

Dunky and Duffy have been fortunate to look like heros week in week out because of the amount of pressure the defence has been under they couldn't lose really.

Ps I love D and D but don't like seeing them surrounded by 7 other Albion bodies all match.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Performances over much of the last three months would bear it out imo. Anyone suggesting it on here at the time got jumped on though
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

7 Not allowed!
      I thought this was interesting from the Guardian article:

"There were suggestions that training drills prioritised defence to the extent that Brighton’s attackers felt alienated."

I think we all sensed that something like that was going on, and to be fair you can understand it. It's also not just our attack minded players who would have liked us to consider more than just defending, it's everyone really, from the chairman to the fans. You can also understand CH doing that. The thing is, if we weren't training enough on the attacking side, it showed, and goes some way to explaining why on the rare occassions that we did get out of our own half, we didn't seem to have much idea what to do.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"There were suggestions that training drills prioritised defence to the extent that Brighton’s attackers felt alienated."

I think we all sensed that something like that was going on, and to be fair you can understand it. It's also not just our attack minded players who would have liked us to consider more than just defending, it's everyone really, from the chairman to the fans. You can also understand CH doing that. The thing is, if we weren't training enough on the attacking side, it showed, and goes some way to explaining why on the rare occassions that we did get out of our own half, we didn't seem to have much idea what to do.
      We haven't had an attacking coach for years, I really hope BZ would come and work with the new manager on that side.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Performances over much of the last three months would bear it out imo. Anyone suggesting it on here at the time got jumped on though
      Uh huh
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Yep.
      Seems things really weren't right.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Does this suggest that he lost the dressing room?
      The Disowned Masses

8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Does this suggest that he lost the dressing room?
      He lost 22/25ths of it
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post

It always seemed like all attacking players were selected for their defensive qualities and discipline (eg willingness to track back). And new players weren't trusted for ages...
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.