Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    A rarity today in that he seems to know what he's talking about rather than basing it on how nasty we are for getting rid of such a lovely bloke. Good article.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Valid article, we withdrew further and further in to our shell.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Good article which I think reflects the situation better than Haywards offering
      Pretentious,moi?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Paul Hayward chief sports writer at the Telegraph (and Brighton fan) sees things differently.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rightons-next/
      I wonder who he talking about in this little excerpt " At the same time a summer cull will need to take out players who pursued personal agendas and were not supportive of the manager when results began to crumble. Bloom needs to be as ruthless in the dressing room as he was in the dug-out "

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
      CH’s only failing in my opinion is that he’s a Labour Party supporter and probably reads this worthless rag. Apart from that he’s a diamond.

Footnote: I do not read the Daily Mail
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      I wonder who he talking about in this little excerpt " At the same time a summer cull will need to take out players who pursued personal agendas and were not supportive of the manager when results began to crumble. Bloom needs to be as ruthless in the dressing room as he was in the dug-out "
      Hayward's article is saying it's everyones fault other than Hughton's.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Antikythera Mechanism View Post
      CH’s only failing in my opinion is that he’s a Labour Party supporter and probably reads this worthless rag. Apart from that he’s a diamond.

Footnote: I do not read the Daily Mail
      That fact is truly worthless in a footballing context, you might as well question as to whether his religion is Catholic or Protestant..... pointless.

1 Not allowed!
      There have been a couple of good articles today, among the faux and ignorant outrage from people who haven't followed the results since January, or watched the performances.

I'll be very interested to see how the Argus cover this, going to have a close read of their analysis now and in the next few days.

It would appear that Tony Bloom has been thinking, and now acted upon, what the local newspaper has been branding supporters idiots for thinking and voicing. Namely that the results have been desperate for a team in need of points in a relegation struggle (no win in last 9, 3 wins in last 23); that the style has been overly negative, highlighted by a lack of shots on goal in must-win home games against teams around us; that the manager wasn't getting the best out of players available; that recruits this season had been sub-standard (may or may not have been wholly Hughton's fault); that the intensity of the first PL season had dropped; and that the dressing room togetherness had lessened.

Even with all this you could still have taken the view Hughton deserved another go with a clear brief for improvement and some funds (I did), but the chairman has decided otherwise, and there were clear grounds for the change.

If all of these things had been highlighted more in the last five months in the Argus (and they haven't, there has hardly been any criticism of the board, manager of players) then maybe a different tack would have been taken earlier. There have instead been plenty of snide digs at fans. This should stop, they are the customers and readers.

It's not only the team that need a shake-up, IMHO it is the Argus coverage of the Albion. It is too close, too cosy, too like the club output (TV, programme, web site), they are not breaking stories that might upset the club (nowhere near this one - why not?), or running opinion pieces that would ruffle feathers.

I would advise at the very least a new columnist, preferably ex-player, who does actually watch the team regularly, with the football knowledge and the balls to dole out criticism where appropriate.
      "There's an African proverb that has stuck with me...if you think you're too small to make a difference, then you've never spent a night with a mosquito"

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Gull View Post
      It would appear that Tony Bloom has been thinking, and now acted upon, what the local newspaper has been branding supporters idiots for thinking and voicing.
      Indeed.

Naylor wrote this in an article just 3 days ago:-

.. Hughton has lost the support of impatient and over-demanding minority pockets of the fanbase. ...
      Presumably Naylor must now regard Tony Bloom as being "impatient" and "over-demanding".
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stss30 View Post
      I think this article has nailed the crux of the issue, eloquently. "Conceding eight goals without reply in outwardly winnable home matches with Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff." really sums it up for me.
      2019 results: BHA 0 v Watford 0. BHA 1 v Burnley 3. Leicester 2 v BHA 1(BHA 1 up against 10 men). BHA 0 v Southampton 1. BHA 0 v Bournemouth 5. BHA 0 v Cardiff 2. Thank God Palace gifted us 6 points, and beat Cardiff away!